Sign in to follow this  
fzonly1

Yoshi + K&N + EJK

pantheraleo
I have that exact combo. You messed with the settings yet?

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

fzonly1
Not yet, I took it for a ride with the stage 1 settings as the manual suggested first. I emailed Dobeck to see if they had settings that would include the K&N, no baffle, no snorkel. Still waiting to hear back. The only settings they have dont include the less restrictive filter, or settings for having the baffle out. So far I've noticed less backfire With the stock settings on the EJK tho. Have you adjusted yours at all?

pantheraleo
Not yet, I took it for a ride with the stage 1 settings as the manual suggested first. I emailed Dobeck to see if they had settings that would include the K&N, no baffle, no snorkel. Still waiting to hear back. The only settings they have dont include the less restrictive filter, or settings for having the baffle out. So far I've noticed less backfire With the stock settings on the EJK tho. Have you adjusted yours at all?
Not yet, but my settings were already different than the ones suggested to start from by EJK for Yoshi/no snorkel/stock air filter. I've played with yellow-blue and have adjusted it to 4, from original 5.

I've only had the K&N in for about 10 days...I'm still playing with red, yellow, and yellow-blue. I feel good about the green and red-blue so far.

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

fzonly1
So I got a reply about set up.
Here's what he had to say...

Hey Ryan,

Thank you for using the Dobeck Performance GEN 3 EJK on your 2015 Yamaha FZ-07. The settings we currently have setup for the Yoshimura exhaust on our website will be meant for a K&N style air filter also. We pre-set these controller with our stage 1 setups which usually involve an aftermarket exhaust system and intake. Due to the fact that we only use these exhausts for R&D purposes, we must keep the units in their stock formation. Some exhausts had baffles that were easily removable, however some of the tougher ones we were not able to remove the baffles as we would be unable to reinstall it.

If you have removed the baffle on your Yoshimura exhaust system we can use the information from some other manufactures designs to give us a good starting point for changes to your controller. I would suggest increasing the fuel zones by .5 each to see how the bike reacts to the added fuel. After looking at the chart I believe you will notice the most gains from increasing the RED fuel zone to (7).

Please try these settings and let me know how they are working in your application.

Thanks,

Brent Wheeler | Dobeck Performance
Technical Support
  • Like 1

fzonly1
image_zpspodhhhhj.jpg
Happy Thursday the 20th!

ak1
So I got a reply about set up. Here's what he had to say...

Hey Ryan,

Thank you for using the Dobeck Performance GEN 3 EJK on your 2015 Yamaha FZ-07. The settings we currently have setup for the Yoshimura exhaust on our website will be meant for a K&N style air filter also. We pre-set these controller with our stage 1 setups which usually involve an aftermarket exhaust system and intake. Due to the fact that we only use these exhausts for R&D purposes, we must keep the units in their stock formation. Some exhausts had baffles that were easily removable, however some of the tougher ones we were not able to remove the baffles as we would be unable to reinstall it.

If you have removed the baffle on your Yoshimura exhaust system we can use the information from some other manufactures designs to give us a good starting point for changes to your controller. I would suggest increasing the fuel zones by .5 each to see how the bike reacts to the added fuel. After looking at the chart I believe you will notice the most gains from increasing the RED fuel zone to (7).

Please try these settings and let me know how they are working in your application.

Thanks,

Technical Support
Hey - Apologies for bringing this back from the dust. But I'm struggling to find the right settings for this combination. I've messed around with it a lot - but still feel things aren't correct. What did you end up going with - if you don't mind sharing?

fzonly1
So I got a reply about set up. Here's what he had to say...

Hey Ryan,

Thanks,

Technical Support
Hey - Apologies for bringing this back from the dust. But I'm struggling to find the right settings for this combination. I've messed around with it a lot - but still feel things aren't correct. What did you end up going with - if you don't mind sharing?

It's been a while since I've messed with it but I'll take a peek under the seat and see what settings I'm using and get back to you. I work long hours so it may be the weekend by the time I get back to ya.