The MT-07 Forum

I would like to take this opportunity to thank my FZ-07.

SkH

Not only were you my first motorcycle that opened up a whole new level of adventure and excitement into my life, but you were also the motivational factor that pushed me out of the realm of modern day non-functional (call AAA to change my flat tire) man into a DIY man every er... man should be.

Installing a Fender Eliminator, Yoshi full exhaust system, replacing headlight, changing oil, tighting and lubing the chain was all I needed to move onto rotating my SUV tires (going to change my own oil next woot woot), replaced my garbage disposal this weekend after it began leaking out of the bottom (admitted that was really... easy- but at least it involved wiring up the electric plug myself- who knew wire nuts and electrical tape is all that is needed to prevent death) and replacing my dated looking living room can track light with a new sleek brushed aluminum track lighting set (once again, who knew  a screwed in ground wire, 2 wire nuts and electrical tape is all that is preventing a catastrophic house fire!).  Next up is installing crown molding and replacing carpeted floor with hardwood flooring!  10 years ago I would've laughed if you told me I would be doing all these things myself without hiring someone.  I'll turn into a full-fledged DIY man yet!

Thanks FZ-07.

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

That is an inspirational story!  Thanks for sharing.  I will reward you with a link to a do-it-yourselfer I just subscribed to: AvE

If he doesn't help you on your DIY quest, at least he's good for a laugh. 

Have Fun, eh?

“The real cycle you're working on is a cycle called yourself.”
— Robert M. Pirsig (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values)

Funny how a bike can do that to ya. Good for you! You sound pumped. Don't forget to make a man cave and build a bar in it.

Beemer

• Global Moderator

A bar? ???

No... its a man cave
he needs a walk in humidor and a full 6 keg setup

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Archived