The MT-07 Forum

Tail of the Dragon - The video

cassecou

• Global Moderator

Is there something on the rear seat of the fz? It looks rather flat and seems to overhang the rear quite a bit

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Which river is that next to the road? It looks nice, I sure would like to paddle that river so long as I don't run into any class 5 like on the upper Ocoee. 

Beemer

• Premium Member

Thanks for sharing. BTW, how does you girl like riding the pillion? What is her feedback? How long can she ride before she hates life?

Also...80+mph in the rain, no thank you, that makes me nervous.

Is there something on the rear seat of the fz? It looks rather flat and seems to overhang the rear quite a bit
That's the seat for a 3rd person :-X. Its the support for the 40L Shad case, and I was not able to fill that case with 2 persons worth of clothes for the weekend. 

Which river is that next to the road? It looks nice, I sure would like to paddle that river so long as I don't run into any class 5 like on the upper Ocoee. 
Just go on Google map and paste those coordinates : 35.461661, -83.353988 . You will then understand why I cannot spell the name of that river (rofl) 

Thanks for sharing. BTW, how does you girl like riding the pillion? What is her feedback? How long can she ride before she hates life?  
Also...80+mph in the rain, no thank you, that makes me nervous.
She really was fine until the way back home. I guess, her butt could only take so much of that little thing they call a seat. So I will think, after 500 miles, that's when it starts to become difficult.

For the 80mph in the rain, I didn't even realized it. I was too concentrated on the traffic in front of me. But the bike felt like it was very smooth.
Don't forget, due to the curve shape of a motorcycle tire, we don't hydroplane like cars (with more square tires), we do, but at much hire
speeds. Stopping in the rain is another matter >:D

Very nice video! Always wanted to take a trip down there, it looks awesome.
Find some good company and do it, its well worth it. If you go for a week, then you will be able to enjoy the rafting as well, go down to some zip lines, learn some Fly fishing (puke), and go to Gatlingburg that has enough attractions to last a month. 

Archived