The MT-07 Forum

Riders in Central New Jersey

njdevils1990

njdevils1990

Anyone near Central NJ? I am in Hunterdon County. If anyone wants to ride, or will be in the area let me know!

2003 Buell XB9R (2011-2011) Crashed
2009 Buell 1125CR (2011-2013) Sold
2015 Yamaha FZ-07 (2014-?) Current

308144.png

• 3 weeks later...

Lenny, I sent you a PM.

"Shoot? I'm a hippie. The only thing I've shot is acid. I heard of a dude snorted it once. Thought his nose was a kangaroo and the moon was a dog! WOOH!" - The Truth (GTA San Andreas)

njdevils1990

Only one I got was the Brodeur meme.

308144.png

• 1 month later...

Im based in North NJ, Essex County. New rider, hoping to get the Fz 07 when I'm back in the country in October. Up for riding when work/weather allows!

Im based in North NJ, Essex County. New rider, hoping to get the Fz 07 when I'm back in the country in October. Up for riding when work/weather allows!
Me too! .... Where?

Wow, local dealer to us just got another FZ07 in stock, not sold yet, hurry back .. lol.

Wow, local dealer to us just got another FZ07 in stock, not sold yet, hurry back .. lol.
Im in Montclair. What dealer?  
I have been emailing quite a few to try and line one up for October!

See you have the red, where did you get it? Did you get any extras?

The FZ-07 (called mt-07 here) have had a 3 month waiting list here
Pompton Power sports on Route 23 .. they have a RED one on the floor, not sold as of yesterday.  Only extra's I got so far are the OES sliders.  I'm ordering the tail tidy from Ryan too,  If you go contact Pompton, ask for Steve, tell him Jerry sent you.  

Ya know we have enough Northeast guys to have an FZ-07 NE meetup/showdown. We all know red will be the fastest tho.

@jerryv

Sounds good. I don't know anyone in NJ who rides yet.

Out of interest, do you guys ride much through the winter in NJ? I want to get the bike asap (the liquid graphite one) but wondered if i may be jumping the gun by getting it in October and hardly being able to ride it until spring?

What do you think?

Ya know we have enough Northeast guys to have an FZ-07 NE meetup/showdown. We all know red will be the fastest tho.
@jerryv 
Sounds good. I don't know anyone in NJ who rides yet.

Out of interest, do you guys ride much through the winter in NJ? I want to get the bike asap (the liquid graphite one) but wondered if i may be jumping the gun by getting it in October and hardly being able to ride it until spring?

What do you think?
I personally rode last year through late Nov on my 250 and I took it back out in late Feb. I plan to ride the FZ all year round minus snow on the ground or negative temperatures >:D. If you can get a good deal right now, I personally would just pick it up. If you can't get a deal that you feel is reasonable, look around CL for some used FZs and just wait it out. While rare, it is certainly possible to find a used FZ out there.

• 3 weeks later...

I also plan on riding through the winter, minus snow. Cold temps don't bother me, coldest I ever rode in was -9°C (15°F).

308144.png

• 1 month later...

Was 70F/21C out today, just a few days ago I was riding home from my girlfriend's house and it was 23F/-5C out. In 24 hours we are supposed to get a good bit of snow too, hopefully that means an early start to snowboarding season!

308144.png

• 2 months later...
Me too! .... Where?
hey @jerryv i pick up my bike from pompon very soon (late feb/early march) about time! 

how are you getting on with your bike? i may have to try glean some hiking and 07 knowledge form you!

• 3 weeks later...
Me too! .... Where?
hey @jerryv i pick up my bike from pompon very soon (late feb/early march) about time! 

how are you getting on with your bike? i may have to try glean some hiking and 07 knowledge form you!
Well ... the winter sucks so far.  I did take a quick ride about 2 weeks ago, just to get the bike's juices flowing and fill it up with gas.  Hope the weather is good when u pick yours up.  Any specifics yet?

@jerryv there he is!

well i managed to pay the bike off (before parts and fitting) so just waiting for a belly pan from the uk then i will take all my parts in hopefully by feb 21st.

if the snows off the ground then hopefully ride it home the week after that.

got:
oes frame/wheel slider, akrapvic titantium exhuast, yam windscreen, some lid turn sigs, yoshi tail tidy.

securtity wise i got abus chain and alarmed disc lock. need to work out where i will park/store it still.

you think we'll be good to ride by march around here?

TwistedTorque

Mid march is usually mid 40's to 50's around here which is like 30 to 40 on the highway. That's pretty good considering the 10 degrees now with snow on the ground.

Does anyone know of any bike nights, meet ups etc in NJ/New York that on 07 rider would be welcome at?

Or een a good site which posts updated info?

Cheers

TwistedTorque
Does anyone know of any bike nights, meet ups etc in NJ/New York that on 07 rider would be welcome at? 
Or een a good site which posts updated info?

Cheers
Cycle gear in LI/NJ/Conn hold monthly bike nights. The one in LI actually held a winter one in January or December. I didn't go to that one but I've gone to plenty of them in the past and they are usually pretty fun. Give aways free food and good people. I get their invites by email but they also post them on their facebook.  
I'm sure when April rolls around a lot more events will pop up.

• 3 weeks later...

when is everybody planning to get out around in this region? Im due to pick mine up in the next week but worried about the salt! is it doable? 2 days of rain due this week.

• 2 weeks later...
njdevils1990

Been riding since the end of January. Only to and from work. Put about 200 miles on so far this year.

308144.png

I'm in woodbridge NJ. I have 3300 mi on the bike since picking up in August of last year. If anyone is up for a ride let me know. I ride every day the sun is out and above 40-45 ish. I've done 3 rides this month.  Hoping to up that number a ton next month.

Branchburg here. Just picked up my Graphite FZ-07 from Action Yamaha (Edison). Would love to meet up soon!

Archived