The MT-07 Forum

Mt07 test "streetfighter" headlight

wakecarved

Hi guys, I am not leaving this headlight on my bike it is rubbish and was $20, im just mocking up what a mask type headlight would look like and maybe someone else is Interested to know aswell. There is also a modified dan Moto xg-1 exhaust on there which has been shortened with a new bracket made up, (welds arnt finished) and baffles wrapped in fiberglass inserted which have made a nice deep sound, as they come I think it is way too long but I like the stainless steel kind of custom look and I cant afford a brand name exhaust that I like. The exhaust would be as loud as a akra with baffles removed with the baffles I put in but with no baffles it is head ache material. Cheers

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

image_2.jpg

image_4.jpg

I think they are slash cut if you mean the tips are cut on an angle, I still have to cut the baffles on an angle. I've shortened them so it comes up behind the footpeg and taken a propane bottle to it to make it blue/purple. For $300 though why not haha.
The quality of the pipe is pretty good believe it or not the tig welds are nice but it is ear piercing loud.
Here's how the xg-1 looks stock

image_5.jpg

• Premium Member

You did right by shortening those puppies. They look pretty bad with the extra length

• 4 months later...

Where exactly did you cut the mid pipe to shorten it up? I have the same system and was wanting the same shortness. Obviously you must have cut the longest piece of pipe with the kit, "midpipe" but where exactly? Can you take pics of where it was cut and re welded,  Please and Thank you!

Archived