The MT-07 Forum

Any good rain covers out there? (That cover the whole bike)

username

• Premium Member

Does anyone have a good water proof rain cover purchased for their bike and would recommend? Something that can be packed up for touring incase you get caught in the rain. 

I have and use the Dowco Guardian Weatherall Plus Motorcycle Cover and it works very well. I have the sport size and while it is not an exact fit, it covers the whole bike and I've taken it camping with me and covered my bike with it while it was storming while I was camping. Worked great. I recommend these 100% for people looking for a great all weather cover that covers the whole bike. It even comes with a carry bag for the cover to store it and it easily straps to the back of the bike.

Oxford Rainex!
I got one and I live in hawaii which is raining all the time even when the suns out and this cover is bad ass! From revzilla for $100 plus shipping and shipping is probably cheaper for you

• Premium Member

haha i just bought the Dowco. I'm too impatient sometimes... Rainex looks nice too and I would trust the opinion of someone from Hawaii for this matter for sure. I wonder if there is a mini tent incase your on the side of the road for a while waiting for the rain to pass. just hang out in the mini tent and watch Netflix all cozy n stuff.

• Premium Member

Username likes this ^

Found a different variety of tent that would be pretty dang swell to have on a tour. Portable, easy to setup, waterproof and best of all cost effective.

Swag

I pitch a tent every morning rain or shine and try to get cozy with my girl but most times I get kicked off the bed lol...
(TMI?!) lol! You "elevated" this topic to a new level. 

Beemer

Username likes this ^ 
Found a different variety of tent that would be pretty dang swell to have on a tour. Portable, easy to setup, waterproof and best of all cost effective.

Swag

That tent looks nice but after looking at it's design it doesn't look like it will provide you with much fresh air once it is closed up for rain. I found this other one on Amazon you may want to consider. I personally think it's designed better, you probably didn't see it. 

http://www.amazon.com/Mil-Tec-Recon-One-Tent-Coyote/dp/B00ELE97XM/ref=sr_1_23?ie=UTF8&qid=1439475394&sr=8-23&keywords=single+person+tent

Beemer

• Premium Member

That one is quite a bit better looking for sure. The quality and functionality is better also but I just wanted one that is very minimilistic. The crummier looking one has just 1 pole and probably packs away into a smaller bag that weighs less. Better for transportation. So with that being said a quick setup in the rain would be very beneficial. Roll out, stick the pole in the tent and assume the human borrito look that the tent offers easy peasy.

That one is quite a bit better looking for sure. The quality and functionality is better also but I just wanted one that is very minimilistic. The crummier looking one has just 1 pole and probably packs away into a smaller bag that weighs less. Better for transportation. So with that being said a quick setup in the rain would be very beneficial. Roll out, stick the pole in the tent and assume the human borrito look that the tent offers easy peasy.
I figured ease of set-up would win in that situation, when you need it quick you need it quick, period. It may get stuffy inside is all, most can handle a little bit of that ... beware what you had to eat, though. One blast from ye ol' colon cannon and yer a goner! Great idea, btw! I may get one, too.

Beemer

Archived