The MT-07 Forum

Jackets for taller guys.

darrooh

• Premium Member

Hey guys. I'm looking for recommendations for jackets that fit well for taller guys. I am 6'2 and about 175lbs, pretty slim. I currently have a bilt jacket in the size XL. I got it that size because I wanted to make sure the sleeves fit and were long enough. I also wear a backpack most of the time I ride so the fit was not too much of a problem. Lately I've been riding more without the backpack and plan on just getting a tailbag soon. The XL is way too big. I tried on the L and the sleeves are still really short and the waist just a bit too big but the M fits right around waist but too tight around chest.

Tried on an Alpinestars T-AST Air mesh and the L fits perfect. May just go back for that one but only Black was available so want to find other options first.

TLDR: Currently in Bilt XL, sleeves perfect fit, waist too big. L still a bit too big & and sleeves almost to mid of forearm , M waist perfect, chest too tight. Alpinestars T-AST Air mesh L fits perfect, looking for similar fit.

• Premium Member

Im 6'3", 200lbs with 46" shoulders and this is what I roll with. Its four season. Its really an adventure jacket but, fits slim around me more like sport jacket and super functional. I usually wear at least a large in everything although I bought this in a large and then returned for a medium just because I like to form fit. Its probably not the greatest jacket if you often run around in 100+ deg weather though. 
84nGl4YI5uae2hmZzCYT.jpg http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/firstgear-kathmandu-jacket

shaneallen23

I just picked up a Joe Rocket Atomic 4.0. The large is a perfect fit for me. I'm 175lbs and 6ft with a positive ape index (wingspan longer then height). The sleeves fit me perfect so you might be in luck.

• 4 weeks later...

I picked up a firstgear mesh in medium tall a week ago, definitely just a light jacket with armor and suited for the summer.
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/firstgear-mesh-tex-jacket

At 6'2" and 155lb it fits really well, think my arm length is around 34" but it's been a long time since I measured.

I plan on getting a leather jacket for longer rides, but this works great for short trips around town.

Best bet might be the few brands that offer a tall sizing, had some luck with the fox creek jacket my brother has as well.

Hope this helps!

I've got the same problem, 6'2", 160lb. Dainese started making tall sized leather jackets this past year called the Racing D1. The 50 Tall (98 in Euro sizing) fits like it was tailored for me. Revzilla has them, but I ordered from a German moto company to take advantage of the Euro / Dollar exchange rate.

The tall size basically seems to stick with the standard torso circumference, and adds about 1-1.5" on the sleeve / torso length.

Best jacket I've ever bought.

• 3 weeks later...

Olympia and RST both make brilliant adventure stuff. Be careful of the RST as it can be TOO big. I come from a dressmaking family so I grew up knowing how to measure the human body and I followed their measurement instructions/sizes and ended up having to go 2 sizes DOWN on the pants ( they recommended XL, I then bought a L then finally got a M which is what I thought I should have been in the first place. Tried to give the XL's to a 6'2" BIG ex english copper friend of mine and it was almost too big.
Both brands are really well made though.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

I'm 6'1" and weigh 175, with long arms. I bought a Cortech GX Sport Air 3.0 mesh jacket last year. The large fits me great. And most importantly, the sleeves are plenty long. It's a great jacket. FWIW, they also make a version that isn't mesh.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/cortech-gx-sport-air-30-mesh-jacket

As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Archived