The MT-07 Forum

Fumoto Oil Drain Valve

xdr

Is anyone running one of these on their Yamaha? I've ran them on my vehicles in the past with no issue, but is there any foreseen reason you wouldn't want to run one on a bike? They have a safety clip available that prevents them from accidentally being opened. They have different versions, I'm thinking the short nipple version so I can easily attach a hose for draining with no mess.

F-106.JPG
F106S.JPG
F106N.JPG

• Premium Member

I would just stick to a magnetic drain plug...I wouldn't trust them fancy ones since the drain plug is located directly inline with potential road debris..m

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

On a Car I would have no problem. However on a motorcycle with the plug dangling out in the free air I worry about it getting damaged. I do not know how much of a concern this should be given if you hit road debris that can significantly damage the drain plug I think you would have bigger problems. I am sure you could get a rubber cap to fit on the end to prevent grit from getting in the valve and damaging the o-ring seals. I say go for it!

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

• Premium Member

Sorry, but I've never found it an issue removing and replacing a drain plug.

Archived