The MT-07 Forum

2014 09 for a 2015 07

NICKY NEON

would you swap your 15 fz-07 for a 14 fz-09? the 09 has only 800 miles on it my 07 has 2000 miles.
this guy is got a 09 he wants to get rid of that he never uses,  i can get very cheap $6000 and i think i can sell my 07 for $6000 
would you guys do this or just keep your 07.

• Global Moderator

where's @cruizin when ya need him

Edit: off topic but @fz07fanboy dont know why the first thing to pop into my head when your post came up was "DirtyHarry" but it was...

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

Only questions you should be asking yourself is do you feel like you need more power or are you happy with what you have? When i was making the selection at the dealer I was choosing between both bikes and chose the 07 because it felt more lighter and nimble to me. I also felt that the 07 had a better seating position for me for what I was looking for.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

My husband has an 09 and I've ridden it many times. It scared me at first and I kept it in B mode. I like it fine but still prefer my 07.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

Given you already have the FZ-07 I would stay with what you have. You need to remember the hassle of buying the 09 and also selling the 07.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

• Global Moderator
The fz09 has hidden beer tap under the seat

I think that is the drain for the relief tube bag...

I just couldn't get over the fz09 ergos. Feels more like a Multistrada, or other equivalent geezer mobile than a streetfighter.

The 09 will give you the "I'm going to lose my license" feeling..........while the 07 gives you the "new pair of sneakers" feeling.

Well, I damn near lost my license on my FZ-09, freakin 99 mph wheelies down the freeway, 80 mph around 35 mph corners, I just couldn't control myself and I have the tickets to prove it. And why have a fast bike if u can't ride it fast? I don't have a track nearby so I traded it in for a dirtbike and ride it like a wild man cause there are no cops in the woods.

All things considered, the Fz-07 is the best damn bike for the money. You can hunt street triples with it if ya put some money into the suspension, or just cruise comfy. Sounds freaking sweet too.

We need some of you guys to build some FZ-07 track bikes. Light, tourqey, and just begging for a proper suspension.

In a couple years, if revenue increases I may even sponsor someone...

thanks everyone for the input, i guess ill keep my 07 i wasnt sure if the 09 was a better bike, but i see its just a power house.

Archived