The MT-07 Forum

Integrated Tail+Fender Elim+Front LED Signals Installed

garrim

Just finished installing all of this. Man, what a difference. Everything was pretty straightforward and easy to install. Cut, strip, twist, solder and heat shrink all your connections. I swear it took longer for me to take the fairings and stuff off and put back on than it took to wire everything up. Also, I'm not sure if this goes in this forum or the Parts and Accessories Reviews forum. But here goes...

Everything came from eBay. Sellers and prices:

• Integrated Tail Light: tunerx-factory, $107 shipped (Canada)
• Tail Tidy and Front Adapter Plates: creese1, $35 and $15 shipped, respectively. (Tail Tidy = with the LED plate light and without turn signal mounts) (USA) 
• Front LED Signals: wish2011, $10 shipped (China)

I really dig the look of these front signals, I haven't seen anyone else with them (yet) and I feel like they fit the style of the bike pretty well. Plus they don't stick out as much as all the other ones I have seen people using. The front left signal is the grey connector, brown = signal. The front right is the black connector, green = signal. Then black = ground and blue = running light for both of them. I just covered the running light wires with heat shrink since these signals are 2-wire only. 

signalonofffront.jpgsidesignalonoff.jpg

The tail light is, as far as I know, the only other option besides the Motodynamic, which I'm not fond of all the circles you can clearly see even with the smoked version. Nit-picky, I know, but regardless. This tail light is plug and play for the brake portion, uses the the same connector as factory. The signals for it, however, have separate wires you will have to splice to the factory wiring. I tried to keep track of which colors were for what, but the signal wires from the tail light are white and yellow, I can't recall which color is left and which is right. There is no ground wire for the signals, it is shared from the brake light connection internally. For the signal ground wires from the factory wiring on the rear, I just cut those and used heat shrink to cover the ends like I did for the front signal running light wires. This picture of the tail light is from right after I first hooked it up, I'll try to take the bike out and get more pics of this and the tail tidy tomorrow. This tail light looks awesome! (IMHO)

taillight.jpg

The license plate light is just 2 wires, black and red (I think?), and the factory wiring is only black and something else, so black>black, color>color, easy. No pictures of the tail tidy yet. All of the signals flash faster than factory, which I expected. I don't know if I will ever bother to correct it, I feel like the faster rate may help to be noticed. For what it's worth, it seems like the front and rear flash at the same rate, so there's at least that. 

The nut for these signals is 17mm which made using the open end of my wrench impossible. So, in case anyone else had this problem, this is how I did it. Basically you feed the closed end of the appropriate sized wrench through the hole, then feed the wires through the wrench, then you can bring the wrench down and tighten the nut. Reverse steps to remove the wrench, of course. 

easywrench.jpg

There were a couple of parts that I re-used from the factory brake light such as 4 rubber grommets, two metal retaining clips and two metal(?) spacer sleeves. Two grommets and the metal sleeves are for the two screws on top that mount the light to the frame. The metal retaining clips are for the screws that hold the center piece that goes in between the fairings, just over the brake light. The other two grommets are for the side fairings to clip in to. Now, the sleeves I think need to be shortened a tiny bit if you are picky about it, either with a bench grinder or sandpaper and elbow grease. I didn't shorten mine, the brake light has a bit of up/down play on it's own, but once I put everything back together it was rock solid. 

grommetsclips.jpgscrewsleeve.jpg

I'll try to get out tomorrow and get more pictures of the bike with this stuff installed. I also need to grab some washers to fill the gap on some of the clips that hold the tail fairings on, since removing the original plate/signal bracket there is less material for them to hold together.

• 6 months later...
  • Premium Member

So, 6 months in how are you liking this set up?

I'm really diggin' those front signals, I went with some from revzilla (Oxford eyeshot?) and Im looking to replace them.

that rear brake light with integrated signals is awesome as well.

• 5 months later...

Archived