The MT-07 Forum

Screw dropped from triple tree, safe to ride?

Kwaipuak

0802151638.jpg
Ok, so I still have the creaking from the handlebars and was doing a once over before I ride back from Waterloo ON to Philadelphia. Think she is safe to ride 500mi on? I've been doing short rides around town for days BTW.

• Premium Member

Huh? WHAT screw? Do you know where it is from??? I wouldn't ride it across the street until I found and fixed it. Yami put it where ever it came from for a reason! Hardware stores typically have metric socketheads which can be used in a pinch even if they don't match... at least to get you home!!! All the best and be safe!

Guest Ralph
The pic shows where, instead of leaving at 5am I will leave at 7 or so and hit home depot first.
If you must ride it be very very careful and light on the brakes.

bmwpowere36m3
The pic shows where, instead of leaving at 5am I will leave at 7 or so and hit home depot first.

I find Lowes has a better metric selection, even better would be Sears hardware or a fastenal or grainger.

Going to HD soon, will ride out to the US tomorrow. Hoping Canada has a better selection on metric bolts. I will have to reorder the metal guide/bushing when I get home. I guess I didn't tight it enough when I took off the fly screen for the ermax.

bmwpowere36m3

Personally I wouldn't loctite the triple tree bolts... anti-seize or dry and torque to spec. Never had an issue including my dirt bike which gets pounded and is a thumper... known to lose hardware.

Archived