yamahaha

Solo riding is the best.

yamahaha
I've never been into group rides and having my wife tag along on her bike can get dangerous.

My wife and I have done a lot of riding lately. She insists on following on her bike. This gets tiresome after a while. I worry and tend to babysit her.  I  corner slower and am constantly looking in my mirrors for her.
Don't get me wrong, she is a fine rider but being leader does carry responsibility.

She gets tired and  impatient when a long day's ride is nearing its end and tends to lane split and follow too close.  This happens mostly at lights and stop signs. She's almost ran into me twice. She almost got me when I turned into a gas station a while back. I heard rubber squealing and a loud " F*CK".  She still didn't learn her lesson from that one.

I'm so looking forward to her holidays ending so I can get back into some solo riding.

• Like 3

bmwpowere36m3
Haha… I can relate. Not motorcycles since my girlfriend rides as a passenger (want's to learn though), but in other activities like bicycling and skiing/boarding. Don't get me wrong, I love spending time together and having mutual hobbies… but sometimes its more enjoyable doing them with people on the same skill level or alone. I can't complain though as she likes her "personal-time" and gives me it as well.
  • Like 1

rotaryryan24
I feel your pain, my last girlfriend loved to ride dirt bikes with me. Fun at first but soon after she sucked all the fun right out of it. I actually stopped riding for a short time because of her.
  • Like 1

norcal616
I enjoy my solo times as well as small group rides with close buddies...the occasional gf will ride passenger but for most part(97.4% of the time) i tell em it's my " time" ....I have yet to date a gf with her own road bike... My only problem is I'm good at navigation twisty roads and I'm always slowing down to let the bddies Harleys catch up...dirt biking will teach you all about corners :)..I'm also not a fan of having passengers since I cannot control em when I need them to pay Attention...
  • Like 1

jetgirl
I always ride alone. With our different schedules it's hard to find time to get together for a ride. It's just as well because he has his cruiser and can't ride the way that I want to and doesn't want to go as far. It's too bad that your wife doesn't want to ride alone. It's nice just going where ever you want at the pace you want and not having to worry about anyone else. Also your wife really shouldn't be riding so close. That must be scary.

wickedtwister
My girlfriend has her own sport bike as her only mode of transportation (z1000). We ride together occasionally but also ride solo a lot. We both have times where we need to clear our heads so a day trip to the blue ridge parkway is just about perfect.

rowdy
Yup. I ride solo all the time now. My wife was riding for a while, but got freaked one day and hasn't ridden since. My brother used to ride, and we did some great trips together, but now I'm alone. :(
I like it though... I can start when I want to start, go where I want to go, and keep the pace I want to keep. It would be fun to have company sometimes (but I really don't want to go on one of those "runs" where it is 90% Harley riders).
  • Like 1

pH
Nagging bout your wife is a different forum... Thanks for sharing and good luck with all "that"

yamahaha
Nagging bout your wife is a different forum... Thanks for sharing and good luck with all "that"
Glad you enjoyed! 

aeisan
I'm all for solo riding too, but from the sounds of her experience (or lack thereof) you should be riding behind her, not her behind you. Not only is that safer, you'll find that you both enjoy the rides a lot more.
  • Like 2

databyter
Maybe some imaginative gameplay can put the fun back.

How about you guys face off with lightweight wooden poles about 15 feet long and as you approach, try to unseat the other rider...

OK, probably a bad idea.

• Like 2

wickedtwister
How about you guys face off with lightweight wooden poles about 15 feet long and as you approach, try to unseat the other rider...

OK, probably a bad idea.

That's the kind of stuff my buddies and I would do on our 80cc dirtbikes growing up. Haha. I'm amazed we survived childhood.

sorkyah

OK, probably a bad idea.

That's the kind of stuff my buddies and I would do on our 80cc dirtbikes growing up. Haha. I'm amazed we survived childhood.
Surviving childhood... to the best of the 70s 80s and 90s...
  • Like 1

Beemer
Man, I feel the strain just reading that. I get the feeling she's looking around too much. Can't say I blame you for not liking a duo ride. I would be curious to see how she rides when following you. Can you record it somehow? A cam on her helmet would be excellent. Btw, I don't see your thread as complaining. I finished high school so I understood where you were going with that. It's a good heads up for any couple that hasn't rode this way and maybe a reminder they should ride solo instead because it's safer.
  • Like 1

Beemer

OK, probably a bad idea.

Good idea but a little rough on chicks. Jello wresting by candle light in the bathtub is safer and more gratifying.
  • Like 1