The MT-07 Forum

toby Dampers

elton

• Premium Member

looks like a nice easy install-i like that it doesn't move the bars up like the gpr-i'm seriously thinking about pulling the trigger on this.

• Premium Member

he's not been importing toby products for awhile-if he gets enough calls about them he might re-evaluate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

damper came in today-30 min install-parts are very light and well made-thought the horseshoe bracket around the gas cap might look funky,but nicely done and unobtrusive.it does raise instruments up 1 3/4 inches and about 1/2 and inch forward.might lose some steering lock to the right side also.can't test ride it ride cause of the fires right now.

damper came in today-30 min install-parts are very light and well made-thought the horseshoe bracket around the gas cap might look funky,but nicely done and unobtrusive.it does raise instruments up 1 3/4 inches and about 1/2 and inch forward.might lose some steering lock to the right side also.can't test ride it ride cause of the fires right now.

Did you ever get a chance to ride with the damper? Could you post some pictures of it installed and the changes it makes to the instrument cluster. I am interested in this set up and the difference it can make on the bikes handling and feel. I would appreciate any input, thanks.

• Premium Member

works great -my suspension is upgraded so as a package handling is very controlled-if your suspension is stock, i would think it would take s
some of the slap out of accelerating over bumps,hitting potholes etc.-the instrument panel gets lifted by a bracket and the damper fits underneath.easy to tighten up on the fly and has a lot of adjustment.i lowered the front by 5mm and have Q3's which are a sharper profile tire and the damper keeps things in line at speed,over bumps,when the front end gets light, under hard braking-i have always had dampers on all my bikes and they have always been worth it.

[attachment id=839" thumbnail="1]

works great -my suspension is upgraded so as a package handling is very controlled-if your suspension is stock, i would think it would take s some of the slap out of accelerating over bumps,hitting potholes etc.-the instrument panel gets lifted by a bracket and the damper fits underneath.easy to tighten up on the fly and has a lot of adjustment.i lowered the front by 5mm and have Q3's which are a sharper profile tire and the damper keeps things in line at speed,over bumps,when the front end gets light, under hard braking-i have always had dampers on all my bikes and they have always been worth it.

[attachment id=839" thumbnail="1]

Thanks for the reply. The FZ is my first bike and so I don't have a lot of experience with what constitutes a good suspension feel. However, everyone I've spoken too that uses steering dampers have advised me they are worthwhile investments. I appreciate your input, now I have to decide whether suspension or damper should be higher on my list.

Archived