The MT-07 Forum

Installing CRG Hindsight?

botbullet0

Is there anything needed to install the mirror besides what comes with the mirror? I've seen some bar end replacements that are supposedly for mirrors, but that seems like a lot of money for just one mirror!

• Premium Member

you need the adapters http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/crg-billet-internal-adapter-for-crg-bar-end-mirror I purchased the blind sight   http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/crg-blindsight-bar-end-mirror and yes they are small but I like them 100% better than stock since I could not see out of the stock mirrors. I like the look too. And yes that is the price for one

Yes they are expensive but they are nice. I have a different cheaper set for my other bike http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/oxford-bar-end-mirrors

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

You don't actually NEED the adapters if you have 7/8" bars and can move the grips/controls in enough to mount he mirrors directly to the bars. That said, the bar ends make it all much cleaner in my opinion.

Do you have stock bars or aftermarket? If stock, I don't think the CRG adapters will work. That said, I also spotted this review on Revzilla:

I purchased this adapter to mount my CRG Hindsight Lanesplitter mirror to my 2015 Yamaha FZ-07. Turned out I didn't need it, because the mirror mounted perfectly to my left side bar end weight. Decided to keep the adapter for a possible future installation. Love the mirror.

Life is good on 2 wheels!

Do you have stock bars or aftermarket? If stock, I don't think the CRG adapters will work. That said, I also spotted this review on Revzilla:  

I purchased this adapter to mount my CRG Hindsight Lanesplitter mirror to my 2015 Yamaha FZ-07. Turned out I didn't need it, because the mirror mounted perfectly to my left side bar end weight. Decided to keep the adapter for a possible future installation. Love the mirror.
I thought I had seen some pictures of this, which is why I asked this question. If I don't need any adapters, then I'll order the mirror now.

• Global Moderator

I thought I had seen some pictures of this, which is why I asked this question. If I don't need any adapters, then I'll order the mirror now.

Easy way to do it would require threaded adapters or move everything inboard on the bars and attach to bars.

mechanic's way of doing it would require breaking the welds for the threaded inserts in the bars, and using the CRG adapters,

engineer's way of doing it would be to remove everything off the bars, build a cad model, relocate locating tab holes for all controls, scrap it start over. Drill new locator holes on bars and finally attempt to install bar end mirrors, only realizing after the fact that you were off in your initial measurements

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

just checked you don't need the adapters lol

I just put them back in as a matter of fact. got some pics of the cheep ones on the Buell too below

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

Easy way to do it would require threaded adapters or move everything inboard on the bars and attach to bars.

mechanic's way of doing it would require breaking the welds for the threaded inserts in the bars, and using the CRG adapters,

engineer's way of doing it would be to remove everything off the bars, build a cad model, relocate locating tab holes for all controls, scrap it start over. Drill new locator holes on bars and finally attempt to install bar end mirrors, only realizing after the fact that you were off in your initial measurements

Engineer's way of doing it is to buy aftermarket bars and put everything back on in under an hour then go use the rest of the day to ride.  True story. 

Life is good on 2 wheels!

• 2 weeks later...

I have the crg lane splitters. I used rhino moto bar ends as they keep the weight of the stock bar ends but allow you to mount mirrors

Archived