The MT-07 Forum

New Member and new for Forums

stephen

I picked up my FZ-07 back in June I think, I bought it with the insurance money I got from when I was in an accident with my CBR 600 :'(.  I was able to walk from the accident but my bike on the other hand was not.  And this was back in March of this year.  I really do enjoy riding the FZ.  I will try to get some pictures up, I bought the Red FZ, I was kinda hoping that the frame would've been red as well, or maybe the rims kinda like the black and blue color scheme.  First thing I bought for the bike was Frame sliders as well as front and rear spool sliders.  Future upgrades: HID 6K headlights, fender eliminator kit, maybe smaller front and rear turn signal light, but still visible (any suggestions would be great), maybe handlebar mirrors (I find the stock ones not very useful.) I don't know if anyone has had any luck with handlebar mirrors, and last but not least is an exhaust system. Really wanted the Yoshimura exhaust but at roughly $630, which isn't bad for a full system, it is out of my budget.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome steve600! Glad you could walk away from the accident and get back on a bike, you picked a good one; red is the fastest! Vote here! 

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member

Welcome to the sight

love my bar end mirrors

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome! I found the stock mirrors being blocked mostly by my shoulders and arms. Some members on this forum found mirror risers/extenders, which moved the stock mirrors slightly up and out so they were useable.  I purchased these mirror risers/extenders and now my stock mirrors work fine. Below is a link for these mirror risers/extenders if you are interested:
www.ebay.com/itm/171366404261?rmvSB=true     
There are several bar end mirrors purchased by members on this forum that worked for them. Also, plugs/bolts for the stock mirror screw hole after removing the stock mirrors. You can search the forum for these bar end mirror options. Good luck!

Archived