The MT-07 Forum

LED Front Turn Signals/Marker Lights

xdr

Well after looking at flush mounts, I think they do the best at eliminating the alien eye OE turn signals. Now to me, they don't provide enough viability so I'm looking at also adding LED mirrors. Now this is where I have some questions... The OE turn signals have 3 wires, ground, marker light, turn signal. I would like to retain some sort of marker light with my wiring, so I'm thinking of strictly having the flush mounts be turn signals and the mirrors be marker/turn signals. This is the hard/confusing part, since the mirrors only have 1 power wire, can I run the marker lights power to them with a resistor in line to reduce voltage and dim the LEDs? Then have the turn signal power wire also going to them so they'll be bright for signals?

My other option would be to use the mirrors as the turn signals and the flush mounts for the marker lights.

Here are the mirrors I'm looking at specifically.

mMQMG2_Mmsr17wp3PTeToYA.jpg

Partially answered my own question, the MD flush mounts have the marker lights built in, so I can use those as both and mirrors as signals only.

• Premium Member

you can run 2 wire signals like 3 wire signals using blinker genie. I have them installed on my front signals that only have 2 wires.

Just be careful forcing signals not wired for running light to have that function. Sometimes it is only 2-wire because they will run too hot as running lights for long periods which can lead to damaging whatever they are housed in or premature failure.

• Global Moderator

That is a good point. Someone posted a picture of a melted light on the forum that he had wired as a DRL.

• 1 month later...
  • Global Moderator

You could use the md's as well as the mirrors for turn signals
you would just need to split the signal wires and run a second wire set up to the mirrors.
MD splitters could come in handy
as you can buy terminal pins at several places around the web to add a 3rd wire to one branch for running the MD flush mounts

if this makes sense great if not it did in my head at time of writing
Pm me if i need to elaborate

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Well went to install some simple flush mount LED front signals and becoming a nightmare.

I blow a fuse and now I'm not getting any blink even on the dash. Any reason
Or why? Could use some help. The rear integrated tail light doesn't work nor does my whole blnker setup. I replaced the fuse and still nothing.

Any ideas? Please

Honda Grom
CB 350

• Global Moderator
Well went to install some simple flush mount LED front signals and becoming a nightmare.  
I blow a fuse and now I'm not getting any blink even on the dash. Any reason
Or why? Could use some help. The rear integrated tail light doesn't work nor does my whole blnker setup. I replaced the fuse and still nothing.

Any ideas? Please
might've replaced the wrong fuse I did the same thing, blew a fuse thought i replaced the right one.
take a test light or multimeter, bike on and check for power at each fuse test point. if there's an open, one will have power on one side and zilch on the other.

Well I guess the park fuse blew too added a new one fixed. Buttoned everything up and one last test and the park fuse blew.......?! WTF?!

Any ideas?

Honda Grom
CB 350

• Global Moderator

Did you wire something backwards?
Forget to add a resistor?

Did you wire something backwards? Forget to add a resistor?

Checking my steps today and tracing back to what it could be. I believe it's just shorting out somewhere, but where is the question.....:/

Nope. No resistors. Not a fan of those things. I have a LED flasher relay.

Honda Grom
CB 350

• 2 weeks later...

Archived