The MT-07 Forum

More love for 2Wheel Dynoworks

redrover

I have had week of riding to get a feel for my re-flashed bike.  First off, great service from Patrick and Nels at 2WDW. 

I have a stock bike, and was running a Dobeck EJK, which was great, but it can only modify the nuttiness which is the state of the stock fueling maps.

As others have mentioned, the turn around time on the  ECU re-flash is a super quick; they flash it the day they get it, and drop it back in the mail, priority shipping.

As far as the re-flash performance on a stock bike, it is a significant improvement.  Mostly this has to do with the smoothing out of the power delivery; putting fuel where it's needed and removing it from where it's not.  The re-flash corrects the total shutoff of the the injectors that  the stock settings had programmed for mid to high RPM throttle chops; this removes the worst of the rather brutal engine braking.  There is still enough engine braking to keep the character of the engine intact, it's just enjoyable now.

The re-flash corrects the extremely lean condition at idle, and just over, and lowers the temperature the cooling fan comes on; this makes a nice change here in hotter than hell Texas.

The 2Wheel DynoWorks re-flash doesn't change the bike fundamentally, it just allows its best qualities to really shine through.  If there is one modification I would recommend, this ECU reflash is it.

2015 FZ-07
2013 TU250X - Sold!

2wheeldynoworks
I have had week of riding to get a feel for my re-flashed bike.  First off, great service from Patrick and Nels at 2WDW.   
I have a stock bike, and was running a Dobeck EJK, which was great, but it can only modify the nuttiness which is the state of the stock fueling maps.

As others have mentioned, the turn around time on the  ECU re-flash is a super quick; they flash it the day they get it, and drop it back in the mail, priority shipping.

As far as the re-flash performance on a stock bike, it is a significant improvement.  Mostly this has to do with the smoothing out of the power delivery; putting fuel where it's needed and removing it from where it's not.  The re-flash corrects the total shutoff of the the injectors that  the stock settings had programmed for mid to high RPM throttle chops; this removes the worst of the rather brutal engine braking.  There is still enough engine braking to keep the character of the engine intact, it's just enjoyable now.

The re-flash corrects the extremely lean condition at idle, and just over, and lowers the temperature the cooling fan comes on; this makes a nice change here in hotter than hell Texas.

The 2Wheel DynoWorks re-flash doesn't change the bike fundamentally, it just allows its best qualities to really shine through.  If there is one modification I would recommend, this ECU reflash is it.

Thanks for the love :)

• 1 month later...

Just got back my ECU today and rode my bike.

Off the bat I noticed the smoother throttle and no more popping. Unfortunately I was riding behind my girl the entire time and she is still a newbie so I wasn't able to completely feel the torque difference. But I did notice the smell of fuel which I've never smelled before and just guessing that is what it should smell like when the bike isn't running lean?

I'll try to take the bike out myself tomorrow if it doesn't rain to feel the bike at higher revs. All I did today was go through a bunch of traffic lights to starbucks and back home. :(

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

• 2 weeks later...
2wheeldynoworks
Just got back my ECU today and rode my bike. 
Off the bat I noticed the smoother throttle and no more popping. Unfortunately I was riding behind my girl the entire time and she is still a newbie so I wasn't able to completely feel the torque difference. But I did notice the smell of fuel which I've never smelled before and just guessing that is what it should smell like when the bike isn't running lean?

I'll try to take the bike out myself tomorrow if it doesn't rain to feel the bike at higher revs. All I did today was go through a bunch of traffic lights to starbucks and back home. :(
Update?

Sorry @2wheeldynoworks no updates. I pulled a neck muscle exercising, after a week, probably from my other neck side over-compensating, I strained the other side just as my original pull was getting better. And now overcompensating for that some of my back muscles are getting effed up. So I haven't rode on my motorcycle in a long while.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

• 7 months later...

Hey 2wheel, I've been researching and I am planning on sending you guys my ECU, just wondering, if I have an M4 carbon fiber, and you reflash my ECU, would an EJK Fuel Controller be useful, or is that just adding unnecessary equipment to your already good upgrade?

603nytroxtx
Hey 2wheel, I've been researching and I am planning on sending you guys my ECU, just wondering, if I have an M4 carbon fiber, and you reflash my ECU, would an EJK Fuel Controller be useful, or is that just adding unnecessary equipment to your already good upgrade?
You would be better off emailing them directly as the response time that way is much faster. Also I know for a fact that they have answered that question multiple times around the forum.  

2015 FZ-07 Graphite
*Yoshimura R-77 Carbon Works Finish
*2WDW ECU Flash
*OES Sliders
*GearBrake Flashing Smart Brake Light
*Creese Tail Tidy with LED
*TST Industries Flushmount front LED
*Motionpro R6 throttle tube
*Yamaha Fly Screen
*X-Grip with Bruudt mount

• Premium Member

You can use the EJK or PC5 on top of the reflashed ECU...I assume a reflashed ECU is like 95% accurate and you can use the EJK for example to super fine tune the last 5% or let's say you wanna upgrade air filter from stock to KN but the reflashed ECU was set for stock air filter u can use the EJK or PC5 to tweak it... I aldo assume the EJK have to be set back to 0 values to be used on top of an ECU reflash...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

You can use the EJK or PC5 on top of the reflashed ECU...I assume a reflashed ECU is like 95% accurate and you can use the EJK for example to super fine tune the last 5% or let's say you wanna upgrade air filter from stock to KN but the reflashed ECU was set for stock air filter u can use the EJK or PC5 to tweak it... I aldo assume the EJK have to be set back to 0 values to be used on top of an ECU reflash...
2WDW offers free re-flashes, just send the ECU back when you change your air filter or pipe... 

Archived