The MT-07 Forum

Power Loss

landisse

I bought my FZ a couple months ago and I have about 500 miles on it. From when I first got the bike till now it feels like it has lost some power. Nothing too noticeable, it just doesn't have that giddy up when I first got it. Everything is stock. I haven't been beating on it and I have not been babying it either. It could be I am just use to the bike now and it is all in my head. Anybody have the same issue? TIA.

You're just getting used to the bike.

I really do think this happens with all machines as you get used to each individual bikes engine characteristics.

If you want peace of mind, go have the bike dyno'd.

You're just getting used to the bike. 
I really do think this happens with all machines as you get used to each individual bikes engine characteristics.

If you want peace of mind, go have the bike dyno'd.

Thank u!

Crack that throttle in 1st and see if it whimpers or barks. I've got my money on a bark.

Beemer

So my throttle cable had a whole bunch of slop in it. Tightened that muggy up and it feels a lot more responsive now.

So my throttle cable had a whole bunch of slop in it. Tightened that muggy up and it feels a lot more responsive now.
I had to do the same.  The herky jerky throttle from all of the slack made downshifting and rev matching really difficult.

Archived