The MT-07 Forum

New BLACK rear sprocket

r6realtor

Kind of silly I know but I hated the silver rear sprocket and replaced it with a new lighter better looking black sprocket

7MYjEbR.jpg

IYdlPwY.jpg

l4CN0rB.jpg

2015 fz-07 akrapovic exhaust
2015 ktm 500 xc-w dirt/supermoto tire and wheels

If it's aluminum you won't appreciate the wear.... best sticking to steel for longevity.
ITs steel not aluminum

No black chain?
No not yet I may eventually, I just couldn't take the look of the bright silver sprocket and that bothered me the most.

going to work on black footpegs next for the rider and passenger, any body have a site they would recommend?

• Premium Member

Don't forget the passenger foot pegs may as well get them black while your at it too.

• Premium Member
yamahappy74

That looks pretty sick, man. There are so many things I already want to buy and change on this bike. Thanks much for adding to the list.

That looks pretty sick, man. There are so many things I already want to buy and change on this bike. Thanks much for adding to the list.
lol glad I could help you spend some more money!! Just when I think i am done with the bike something else kind of neat pops up and I have to have it.

• Premium Member

Nice! Have the brand and part number? I think I'd like to get this when I have to replace mine.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Nice! Have the brand and part number? I think I'd like to get this when I have to replace mine.
Got it at sprocket center SUPERLITE (#12815R) RS7 Series 525 Pitch Steel Rear Sprocket - YAMAHA

• Premium Member
damn you! more money, nice find though, I need those black sprocket nutz
Haha, right? I mean, you can replace practically every bolt on the bike if you wanted! 

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member

Change out chain and sprocket for 520...use spray paint to color sprocket...use steel sprockets and no need for titanium sprocket bolts unless you are pulling 8sec passes

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

To go from 525 to 520, do you need to do anything other than buy a 520 chain, counter, and rear sprocket?

• Premium Member

Let me find the thread to bE 100% sure...a few members have done it with no problems if i recall...it's my plan to do it over winter...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member

It can be done with no problems...a 2012 r1 has the same the teeth combo as the fz-07 in 520 size...I would use a x-ring chain or better...if an r1 has a 520 chain it's more than good enough for the Lil fz-07 in my book...

thomascrown

If you're doing a 520 conversion for max performance (which I'll get around to once I hit 20k miles), you may want to run a 2 piece sprocket. Aluminum hub, with steel outer like the superspox.  Will maybe post pics when I get to it, but they look like this:

IMG_0911.JPG

dsc_6188-jpg.204885

Archived