Sign in to follow this  
Beemer

Best Riding Underwear

Beemer
I usually just ride close to home but occasionally venture out a bit and was wondering if there's an underwear out there that is superior to others when it comes to riding. I want something with a good, strong material (in case I go for a slide) that is also comfortable AND awesome looking so I need you guys to help me decide what biker underwear I should wear. 

I like these, they look awesome and comfortable but is cotton strong enough?
[attachment id=727" thumbnail="1]
These boxers look even more comfortable (SILK, ahhh!) but is silk stronger than cotton??? I think it is, not sure, but which breathes better?! Don't have much panache either.
[attachment id=728" thumbnail="1]
Then there are the speed-o type that may be the most comfortable and since I'm close to the beach I could simply undress and be ready for the water to cool off after a hot ride but will they withstand all the thrashing on a bumpy road???
[attachment id=729" thumbnail="1]
Ready to ROCK!!

What a tough decision, right?! If anyone has any experience in riding underwear any advice would be appreciated.

• Like 2

No Hater
Beemer.....this is an awkward thread. Although, commando is the way to go.
  • Like 3

bmwpowere36m3
What's ur question? Comfort or safety? Honestly I just ride with my "regular" fruit of the loom boxer briefs. Though I have a couple "wicking" ones good for really hot days.

I do have padded shorts (like bike shorts) when I trail ride on my dirt bike.

n2shotokai
For long distance I am told silk is the only way to go and something Like This!

recurveshooter
Padded bicycle riding shorts. The bib type. Can't be beat... recurveshooter

Beemer
What's ur question? Comfort or safety? Honestly I just ride with my "regular" fruit of the loom boxer briefs. Though I have a couple "wicking" ones good for really hot days. 
Like I said, I want something with a good, strong material (in case I go for a slide) that is also comfortable, so safety and comfort. 

dizzid1320
I wasn't sure if this was a prank thread or not!

if you want protection, start with good riding pants. There are no boxers that will save your skin in a slide - that's what the pants are for. If you have pants that instantly tear (like denim) then it doesn't matter what kind of boxers you have. They could be made out of kevlar (itchy balls, much?) and you'd still have an issue with the material getting pulled up in a slide, thereby negating any safety benefit of the material.

This is why you see padded underpants on Revzilla. You can get something with padding to help with the initial impact, but again, none of them will do a damn thing for you if the asphalt reaches them.
  • Like 1

username
[attachment id=730" thumbnail="1]
There are some cycling briefs on Groupon with padding in the crotch so you don't chafe your inner leg. Probably overkill for a motorcycle unless you change seating position alot.

sorkyah
[attachment id=730" thumbnail="1] There are some cycling briefs on Groupon with padding in the crotch so you don't chafe your inner leg. Probably overkill for a motorcycle unless you change seating position alot.
I wear pairs similar to these every day.
I work in an outdoor shop in Arizona heat, sweat causes chaffing like nobody's business.
the ride home is helped by that little extra padding, and for those weighing in above 2 stone, the extra padding also helps for comfort on longer rides
  • Like 1

bmwpowere36m3
Like I said, I want something with a good, strong material (in case I go for a slide) that is also comfortable , so safety and comfort.

Bike shorts usually have some light "padding" and chamois-like material.  They definitely wont help in a slide, i.e. abrasion.  They'll help prevent monkey-butt and add some comfort when seated.  Better have a good set of riding pants and armor (hip and knee).  I'm not aware of any "underwear" that'll help in a crash, besides maybe those Bohn armored underwear things…

Beemer
After careful thought and evaluation I have concluded that I take riding gear too seriously and that knit picking over what underwear to wear as "riding underwear" is silly. I am sticking with my ordinary Gildan boxer briefs. They may not help in skids but they are skid mark resistant and that's good enough.  8-|

• Like 1

sorkyah
@beemer you set-up this whole thread just to make that joke didnt you
  • Like 1

Beemer
@beemer you set-up this whole thread just to make that joke didnt you
Damn! Can't get anything past you.....  ??? lol!
  • Like 1

Beemer
sorkyah

Apparently, these are the best in protection when it comes to skids, thought you might want to know.

http://www.skidmarkunderwear.com/

(rofl)