The MT-07 Forum

XSR700 with low bar and black radiator (photoshop)

lifeispixels

lifeispixels

I'm happy that Yamaha released an XSR700 which gives us an alternative to the Ducati Scrambler. Of course, no bikes are perfect and their designs are subjective. There are things I like and don't like about the Ducati and the same is true with the XSR-700, so based on images released on the internet, I used photoshop to visualize how my version of the XSR would look like.

Let's see what I changed...

- Swapped the headlamp and handlebar with Bolt C. I'm fine with the XSR original headlamp but curious to see how it would look like with a low handle bar and a more traditional round lamp.
- Lot of folks say the shiny silver radiator sticks out way too much like a sour thumb so I made it black.
- Based on XSR700 optional accessories, I put fork gaitors and tank rubber pads to see how they look like on the actual bike.

19777021668_f2ff2bafac_o.jpg

19939628546_422855bb5b_o.jpg

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Why wouldn't they make the radiator black in the first place I don't understand. It looks way better black. And the lower handle bars is a good addition. Nice work on the photo shop. Can you photo shop a tail Tidy too?

• Premium Member

Lol, and I was thinking great, but why put low bars on a scrambler?

• Premium Member
yamahappy74

Without the Triumph looking Scrambler tailpipe, I have a hard time liking this bike. It just doesn't look right with that exhaust on it.

totally needs a reverse-megaphone exhuast. Not a fan of the customary "pea shooter" with heat guard look, myself.

• Like 1
bannerfans_1095431.jpg

• Premium Member

I wonder if with all these suggestions someone could photo shop the ultimate XSR 700 before it's even released. I wish I was good at photo shop. I'm such a dissapointment :(

Love the job you did with making the radiator black, the gaitors, and the tank grip pads. Just like I would want it. When it comes to photo shop you are the man! Now the only thing left for me would be to make covers for the sides to conceal the rear brake reservoir, in green no less.

modmaster

Here is the high mounted Akrapovic Exhaust. I think it will look good. This is starting to look like the XJR1300 though, where they will only be available over seas. The reason I say this is because Yamaha already has this bike listed on their European website, but not on the North American one. I hope I'm wrong, but it seems to be heading that direction.

• 1 year later...
Guest 2wheeler

Thow in the Yoshimura Works finish exhaust with the carbon can on the green model, and you have a mega winner!

• 3 years later...
On 7/24/2015 at 8:28 AM, username said:

Why wouldn't they make the radiator black in the first place I don't understand. It looks way better black. And the lower handle bars is a good addition. Nice work on the photo shop. Can you photo shop a tail Tidy too?

On 7/24/2015 at 10:07 AM, n2shotokai said:

Lol, and I was thinking great, but why put low bars on a scrambler?

I know this is all old, but here is the point of view of someone who likes what they saw.   It is the first bike that really got me going since my 1986 Honda Nighthawk S.   The right bike the right time and I could afford it.   Didn't care about costing $800 more than the FZ/MT or that a 900 could be had for $500 more.  They weren't what I wanted.   When I walk away from my XSR (in red) I look back and like what I see.  

The silver radiator doesn't bother me, its a radiator and will look relatively clean longer than a black one.   I don't care that it stands out.  Guys also complain because there aren't covers over the sides and the rear brake reservoir is in plain sight.   I like it.   Fact is I might see if I can make a replacement beer can overflow tank since it is down at the left front corner of the bike, kind of another flat track thing.      

Lower bars are fine if one likes them.  As for a scrambler, I have a dual sport for that.  I didn't want to thrash around a Honda 350 scrambler in the 70s, nor do I want to try to muscle around a street bike off road now.  I got a Bultaco Sherpa T in 1971 and then a Sherpa S for short track in 1972, and eventually hare scrambling a TM125 Suzuki in the mid 70s.  Real off roaders, not "lets get all dirty and pretend" scramblers.   

I remember guys riding CL350s out hill climbing on the stuff I'd be wheelying up, doing a U turn on the back wheel and coming back down.  Stuff that was childs play on any off roader, including what they called "enduros" back then, like the Yamaha CT1, DT1, and RT1.   I just don't get the scrambler thing, taking out an $8000-10,000 bike and beating it up trying to do what a KLX250 would do in a snap for half the cost, a KTM annihilate the stuff and look for worse for about the same money. 

So I have a great minimalist street bike and a dual sport.  I don't pretend, I have the right tools for the job.   But to each their own, if one wants to thrash a bike as a "scrambler" have at it.   

Edited by klx678