The MT-07 Forum

Shipping A Bike From SoCal to Chicago

redbeard

I've been in contact with a dealer in Southern California that has some 2015 FZ-07s still that's drop the prices to move them and I think they might have a good enough deal for me to want to ship it from there to me in Chicago.

So I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a reliable shipping company that would be able to go from SoCal to Chicago?

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

Ship everything else ride the bike!

Really you could fly one way and pick it up haha blast up and down coast a few times to get the 600 miles out of way do first service and ride it home. I still find it hard to believe that socal has the best prices around. I thought California bikes were going for 8000+ otd. I was able to get mine for 6800 otd. Just had to drive 3 hours to pick it up. I gave the dealers the price I was willing to pay and that it had to have Michelin tires on it and about 12 dealerships later one agreed. They did end up changing the oem Dunlop tires, I think, for my Michelin's.

Yeah they just had an advertised price of $4999 but when I had then make up a bill of sale the tacked on $990 freight charge and $890 setup fee with OTD of $69XX. Plus $700 shipping. OUT!

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

thats still a bit better than others i have seen on the pricing thread.

Archived