The MT-07 Forum

M4 exhaust - silencer?

Admiralxavier

Admiralxavier

I have the M4 slip on and boy does it sound good, however, after ridding on the highway for a while it gets tiring. Is there a way to muffle the sound a bit ?

• 4 weeks later...

I agree IMO its too loud for a full day or riding. I tried covering the baffle with sheet metal and making less holes, but it just made the bike sound cheap. After messing with the DB killer for a day, I called M4 and they offer a Q4 silencer which is supposed to be quieter than the stock DB killer. It cost me $50, I'm looking forward to getting it.

If you're only concerned with how it bothers you the cheapest way and still allows others to hear you ... buy some ear plugs. That wind noise can be loud alone, depending on your helmet. That way it doesn't bother you and it doesn't lessen the chance of others hearing you.

Beemer

I just spoke with the guys at M4 exhaust.

There is a baffle insert available for the M4 exhaust on the FZ-07. They refer to it as the Q4 as cwils previously stated.
If anyone wants the insert, we will have it available in the Dobeck Performance vendor section under the M4 Stage 1 kits thread.

Anyone looking for an exhaust or exhaust and tuner package (Stage 1) can contact us. We have recommended settings for the EJK for many of the exhausts available for this bike.
You can simply install the EJK, set it to the settings for your performance mods and have a great tune up without needing a computer to download maps or the need for a dyno tune.

-TuningHQ

d5c39f57-59c4-41a4-b04f-036c853f2a64_zpse3f79d78.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Admiralxavier
I agree IMO its too loud for a full day or riding. I tried covering the baffle with sheet metal and making less holes, but it just made the bike sound cheap. After messing with the DB killer for a day, I called M4 and they offer a Q4 silencer which is supposed to be quieter than the stock DB killer. It cost me $50, I'm looking forward to getting it.

Thanks for letting me know. I just ordered a Q4.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys I noticed no one updated as to how the q4 silencer changed the exhaust note.

I just got my bike 2 weeks ago and dealer put in m4 with stock silencer. After riding for a while my ears ring I get headaches. I do t want to wear earplugs as well as I feel bad starting my bike early in the AM as well as late at night when I go out.
Gotta get something.

Please update to as it worked for you.
Thanks

Archived