The MT-07 Forum

Nat Cycle sport touring windscreen oredered...

njtturano

Went ahead and went with the sport touring version of this windscreen after reading a review in a cycle mag. Its currently being shipped, I wont be home for about another week but I will post pics and a better review as soon as I slap er on.Has anyone else ordered this yet?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Went ahead and went with the sport touring version of this windscreen after reading a review in a cycle mag. Its currently being shipped, I wont be home for about another week but I will post pics and a better review as soon as I slap er on.Has anyone else ordered this yet?
Yup, and I wrote up some thoughts on it too. But I think a seperate viewpoint would serve this community and look forward to reading your comments.
Taste is very subjective and so are criticisms and praise. I also got the Sport Touring, it seemed like the best compromise and I think I chose right, although I would be curious to bolt on the sport version and see the differences..

Databyter

I bought the Sport version. I got it at the end of June. Very satisfied. I think it's very hard to choose the right product without the chance to try them. Because the Sport touring version doesn't come in dark grey and i was afraid of getting turbulence with a higher screen (i had one bad experience with another bike), i bought the Sport version.

I would love to try the other 2 models. But i really don't like the look of a naked bike with a screen. I made a compromise with the Sport version. I have to say that the Givi and the VStream were the only screen that i considered. The look of the others screen didn't do it for me.

Looking for your comments njtturano.

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

Hey people didn't forget about you all, just was out at sea longer then planned. Have the windshield sitting in my garage at the moment, strapping it on next week before I take a road trip...will post pics.On a side note had the bike stripped down to put on the akra C, ejk, integrated taillight, fender eliminator.. the list goes on haha.

• 3 months later...

Well just did another 1100 mile highway run this past week. Overall i am happy with the windshield. However i have noticed some head shake when passing semis. Its not really bad enough to scare you but it is a little sketchy when the roads are wet. I will say to ride that kind of distance without the windscreen would be alot more fatiguing, it does do a great job pulling the wind off of your chest.
All said and done im happy using it for long distance, but you better believe that thing comes off for town riding ind moderate distance.

Archived