Sign in to follow this  
RobMoore

Rear set riser plates?

sorkyah
IMO just go to ebay and buy some of the 60-80$ rear sets. Used them on other bikes without issues.
Rearsets will work alright for street use, but most of these guys are looking for track use from their bikes. the adapter plates move the rearsets much further up and back.   AP moto-arts adapter plates replace the stock rearset mounting plates on the sides of the swingarm, whereas these adapter plates bolt to the stock location and readjust the rearsets up 1" and back 2" 

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

robborboy
IMO just go to ebay and buy some of the 60-80$ rear sets. Used them on other bikes without issues.
Rearsets will work alright for street use, but most of these guys are looking for track use from their bikes. the adapter plates move the rearsets much further up and back.   AP moto-arts adapter plates replace the stock rearset mounting plates on the sides of the swingarm, whereas these adapter plates bolt to the stock location and readjust the rearsets up 1" and back 2" 
Ebay has rear sets that vary from a static raise to adjustable. Like I said I've bought them for other, particularly sport bikes, and they're definitely what people are looking for.

c0al67
Just to chime in on this thread, I did manage to order a set of rearset adaptors from AP Motoarts. I also around that time ordered a set of rearsets off ebay. When i installed them, i loctited everything and i've never had one issue out of them on the track or the street.

I still have the APmotoarts adapter plates sitting in my garage taking up space, since i had only planned to use them if the ebay rearsets weren't back/high enough for my liking

howlinhoss
Just to chime in on this thread, I did manage to order a set of rearset adaptors from AP Motoarts. I also around that time ordered a set of rearsets off ebay. When i installed them, i loctited everything and i've never had one issue out of them on the track or the street.  
I still have the APmotoarts adapter plates sitting in my garage taking up space, since i had only planned to use them if the ebay rearsets weren't back/high enough for my liking
PMd you.
  • Like 1

Lildrumr

You selling the APmotoarts adapter plates?

c0al67
I will but howlinhoss pmd me first. If he don't take them illl let ya know
  • Like 1

Lildrumr
No, all good! I was checking it for him and and his bro!

loud63impala
I see it has been awhile since any news on the rearset plates. I just ordered them from superbikeunlimited.com
They sale the plates for AP moto-arts. FYI