The MT-07 Forum

Rear set riser plates?

RobMoore

• Global Moderator

Longer?
the rod shouldnt need to be much longer....
Even for the 2" back only... the stock rod should have enough adjustment to fit though the range lever would untimatelt need to be moved

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

I still have my stock shift rod. I have about 3 turns more of adjustment. I can verify that tonight or tomorrow. If you use spacers at the bike frame side you will need to make a clearance hole or pocket for the shifter pivot. Which is why i put the spacers where i did. The brake side does not need a spacer. I dont know where you are going to have these made but if its a laser or water jet machine its going to be easier to put the spacers on the shifter side. Chipping these things out on a mill takes a while. 

Also on the shifter side i made the front of the bracket follow the recessed contour on the frame.

When i mill my new set ill have a recess for the shiftier pivot screw. I'm going to do .625" plate thickness with pockets in it. See below Ill be glad to send this file @pattonme but this is an untested design.  I can cut it out next week and see how it fits. Damn in giving away all my secrets and spiffy designs. Oh well its for the good of the community right?

Capture_zpsqvfuntso.jpg

• Like 3

• Global Moderator

I still have my stock shift rod. I have about 3 turns more of adjustment. I can verify that tonight or tomorrow. If you use spacers at the bike frame side you will need to make a clearance hole or pocket for the shifter pivot. Which is why i put the spacers where i did. The brake side does not need a spacer. I dont know where you are going to have these made but if its a laser or water jet machine its going to be easier to put the spacers on the shifter side. Chipping these things out on a mill takes a while.   
Also on the shifter side i made the front of the bracket follow the recessed contour on the frame.

When i mill my new set ill have a recess for the shiftier pivot screw. I'm going to do .625" plate thickness with pockets in it. See below Ill be glad to send this file @pattonme but this is an untested design.  I can cut it out next week and see how it fits. Damn in giving away all my secrets and spiffy designs. Oh well its for the good of the community right?

Capture_zpsqvfuntso.jpg

Sorry for draggin ya in wicked

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

You guys are awesome! Keep us posted and thanks @wickedtwister for the designs and @pattonme for taking this on. I'd love a set once it's all underway.

Honda Grom
CB 350

So we have 6 11 people interested at this time (see list below). Lets get 10 to make this worth while. Anyone else interested?

Howlinhoss
@jeepinbassist
@motomeek
@007
@bigity
@gremlin
@so1102
@ctrlsave
@graphitegraves
@darrooh
@kendawgs

• Premium Member

I should be getting my woodcraft bars sometime next month since they are currently on backorder. I'd be interested in these also.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I may be the only person to feel this way, but I am not looking for a more "aggressive feel". I'm a 47 year old dude with degenerative discs in my lower back, so I for one appreciate the "standard" upright position. However, I have a short inseam for someone who is 5'10" so simply moving the pegs back a little gets them out of the way when I come to a stop and put my feet down.

• Like 1

I may be the only person to feel this way, but I am not looking for a more "aggressive feel". I'm a 47 year old dude with degenerative discs in my lower back, so I for one appreciate the "standard" upright position. However, I have a short inseam for someone who is 5'10" so simply moving the pegs back a little gets them out of the way when I come to a stop and put my feet down.
I feel the same way. I want the pegs out of the way so they don't hit my legs.
  • Like 1

alright, so I plan on offering 1" back, 2" back, 2back+1 up and possibly 1+1. All in the same plate.

• Like 4
bannerfans_1095431.jpg

jeepinbassist
alright, so I plan on offering 1" back, 2" back, 2back+1 up and possibly 1+1. All in the same plate.

That would be awesome to have that many options just on a single plate. I'm excited to see how this turns out.

Here is the updated list. 14 interested members. @pattonme, let me know if this is enough for a first run.

@howlinhoss
@jeepinbassist
@motomeek
@007
@bigity
@gremlin
@so1102
@ctrlsave
@graphitegraves
@darrooh
@kendawgs
@randy2100
@xtrapsi
@rocket007

yup, we reached the 'viable' at about 8 people so I'll proceed with design verification.

• Like 1
bannerfans_1095431.jpg