The MT-07 Forum

Rear set riser plates?

RobMoore

• Premium Member

haven't seen any yet-iv'e used yoshimura ones in the past for other bikes-graves and woodcraft are your cheapest rearset options.

Yeah, I mostly want them back. I sit on the back half of the seat, and I would like the pegs under me instead of slightly forward.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

Hey guys I'm thinking about providing these for sale. 2" back 1" up. I'm not sure what they will cost me to make yet but should be able to get a price in a couple weeks. (Bike is 400 miles away currently) What would you guys pay for these?

Hey guys I'm thinking about providing these for sale. 2" back 1" up. I'm not sure what they will cost me to make yet but should be able to get a price in a couple weeks. (Bike is 400 miles away currently) What would you guys pay for these?
I have rearset brackets made by Yoshimura on my Ninja 300. They are usually priced at $89 but I was unwilling to pay that much. Luckily, I found them on sale for $70.

Therefore, to answer your question at maximum I would be willing to pay up $70.

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

I really need to get my final cad model to my laser cutter and get a price quote. But I can tell you now they will likely be more than 50. Even if I cut them on the cnc mill it will likely take me 2-3 hours a set.

I'm willing to pay $150 if the plates provide multiple holes for adjustability. For a single position setting, I would pay up to $100.

I'd be willing to do $70 shipped conus for the 2" back and 1" up.
and $90 shipped for a multi hole version, if thats even feasible.

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

I think is feasible. I'll post some cad renderings later tonight. Not final bit close to the look.

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

I can make the 2in back only plates. I do want to check clearance on my bike first though. I'm a little worried about swing arm clearance on the brake side. Ill Prototype a set of multi position plates and see how they work.  Here is a quick image of the 2" back 1" up.  Again these are not the final dimensions.  My bike is a few hundred miles away so i will measure it this weekend.  For Multi position I'm thinking 1 back 1/2 up, 2 back 1 up, 2 back 0 up.  any others?

• Like 2

scordiaboy515
gonna need a new shift rod also-100 bucks i think is a good deal.
    you will not need a new shift rod 

I'd love a set for the 2" back, because I have short legs and moving the pegs back might help me with my foot position. How much more would you charge to ship to Ontario Canada? roughly

2015 Matte Metallic Grey FZ-07

thomascrown

So upon further examination of the right footpeg, 2 inches alone may not be possible. Swingarm clearance looks fine, but rear brake master cylinder may hit the exhaust.

I'm trying to visualize this without the bike in front of me... Would this plate move the entire rearset or just the peg?

Interested just from the standpoint of seeing how you guys make out with this project, but I already have a rearset I like so I'll likely not be in the market for this. Either way... Can't wait to see how it comes out!

Life is good on 2 wheels!

The whole rearset would be unmounted, the plate/bracket is installed in its place, then the rearset is bolted onto the plate/bracket.

• Like 1

The whole rearset would be unmounted, the plate/bracket is installed in its place, then the rearset is bolted onto the plate/bracket.
Gotcha.  Thanks! 

Life is good on 2 wheels!

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

I will do a test plate on 2" back but I don't know if it will work without moving up some.