The MT-07 Forum

Rear set riser plates?

RobMoore

• Premium Member
wickedtwister
I may be the only person to feel this way, but I am not looking for a more "aggressive feel". I'm a 47 year old dude with degenerative discs in my lower back, so I for one appreciate the "standard" upright position. However, I have a short inseam for someone who is 5'10" so simply moving the pegs back a little gets them out of the way when I come to a stop and put my feet down.
Im also 5'10" with a 30" inseam and 2" back 1" up fit perfect.  Leg goes between peg and shifter.  Its a lot easier to flat foot at a stop sign.  

• Premium Member
wickedtwister
yup, we reached the 'viable' at about 8 people so I'll proceed with design verification.
If you want I can cut a set out in acrylic on an Epilog Laser machine and test it out on my bike. 

• Premium Member
I may be the only person to feel this way, but I am not looking for a more "aggressive feel". I'm a 47 year old dude with degenerative discs in my lower back, so I for one appreciate the "standard" upright position. However, I have a short inseam for someone who is 5'10" so simply moving the pegs back a little gets them out of the way when I come to a stop and put my feet down.
Im also 5'10" with a 30" inseam and 2" back 1" up fit perfect.  Leg goes between peg and shifter.  Its a lot easier to flat foot at a stop sign.
My oddly-proportioned brother!  :)  good to know

@pattonme @howlinhoss keep us updated. My PayPal is ready and so am I. At 6`2“ with Woodcraft clip ons, I definitely need the adjustment. Thank you to everyone involved for making this happen!

• Global Moderator
If this turns into a group buy for that $40. I'm in also.
same it will be good to have a spare set laying around on the off chance something happens

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Also potentially interested. Would be cool to see multiple holes instead of a one-size-fits-all solution

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

Wait how have I not seen this before. If it is 40$ a set for multiple configurations I'm definitely in. Put my name on the list and tell me who to pay.

The project is a 'go' I just need to finalize details and get firm quotes. I have access to a waterjet machine at the local TechShop it turns out.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Moderator

@pattonme
Any news?

• Like 1

aside from my fingertips are blue and sticking to fork parts because it's so damn cold? ;)
I have Howlinhoss' rearsets and the one side has been adjusted to have improved hole positioning. I should have a metal template to check fitment this weekend.

• Like 3
bannerfans_1095431.jpg

• Global Moderator
aside from my fingertips are blue and sticking to fork parts because it's so damn cold? ;) I have Howlinhoss' rearsets and the one side has been adjusted to have improved hole positioning. I should have a metal template to check fitment this weekend.
Sweet
i think we need a heater for your shop

Updated list:

@howlinhoss
@jeepinbassist
@motomeek
@007
@bigity
@gremlin
@so1102
@ctrlsave
@graphitegraves
@darrooh
@kendawgs
@randy2100
@xtrapsi
@rocket007
@mmorin357
@rewplayff
@ryan4130
@teddyvo522
@intox
@alexm963
@fzpolice
@dankzx
@warnock
@mrmags
@jchin3081

• Like 4

@howlinhoss please count me out. I do support this mod but am holding off on buying more mods for now :(

• Like 1

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

I haven't read through the whole thread but put me down for a set

2016 FZ07 Street Whore
2009 Honda Motard
2007 CBR600RR Track Whore
2015 Toyota Tacoma DCSB Garage Queen

I'm back from the 'dead'. I have to knock these back-logged fork sets out first but then I can turn my attention to the plates.

• Like 2
bannerfans_1095431.jpg