The MT-07 Forum

Rear set riser plates?

RobMoore

• Global Moderator
So did production of these ever happen? Or did the idea just die off?
@Wickedtwister got overwhelmed due to family, work, and vendor odders that he is no longer a supporting vendor, and could not get the time to make more than his prototype
i believe he has the drawings/measurements available should you wish to make your own set

Or he can respond here since he's now officially a hermit :P

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

scordiaboy515
   I made the only set on this forum.....you can buy them, but the rest of the bike has to go with it........... 8-)  

If anyone will post the dimensions I can have them run off. I'll estimate at no more than $40/pair but I probably need to run at least 10 sets. What's the offset needed for clearance? Somebody mentioned 3 washers and it wasn't quite enough. I'll provide a nice AL standoff.

• Like 3
bannerfans_1095431.jpg

• Premium Member

I'd be down for a set too @pattonme !

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

damn it, somebody find a ruler! :) Or the original CAD drawing. Laying on the ground in 22F weather measuring @howlinhoss' bike isn't something I want to do.

• Like 1
bannerfans_1095431.jpg

• Global Moderator
I'll send the dxf files
!!!HE LIVES!!!!

• Premium Member
wickedtwister
   I made the only set on this forum.....you can buy them, but the rest of the bike has to go with it........... 8-)
I made a set for my bike and @sorkyah had a set made with my dimensions.

7ee033c0e82b2eb236bee7f5d83cf9b6.jpg

10969b54ab310582f3e35f01b4b6fba5.jpg

7b20e6a2bda71ca3cecca2dca12ac82c.jpg
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
wickedtwister
I'll send the dxf files
!!!HE LIVES!!!!
Hell yeah I'm still alive just hiding under a turtle shell for the winter.

• Global Moderator
!!!HE LIVES!!!!
Hell yeah I'm still alive just hiding under a turtle shell for the winter.
what're you doing that for?  !!!!GET OUT AND RIDE!!!!

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

Its snowing today. I did ride yesterday but it was a bit cold. It was into the mid 20's for the ride into work. I sent the dxf files off to @pattonme.

If anyone will post the dimensions I can have them run off. I'll estimate at no more than $40/pair but I probably need to run at least 10 sets. What's the offset needed for clearance? Somebody mentioned 3 washers and it wasn't quite enough. I'll provide a nice AL standoff.

I'm in!! :)
  • Like 1

• Global Moderator
8mm offset minimum, probably best to do 10-11 for clearance of brake lever bolt, and the shifter rod 

• Premium Member
wickedtwister
8mm offset minimum, probably best to do 10-11 for clearance of brake lever bolt, and the shifter rod 

Is that above the 3/8" plate you have? I stacked up washers to make it a total of 1/2" thickness. Kind of an afterthought but I didn't think it would be an issue. I'm going to machine myself a new set that has this built in. Just barely clears on my bike.

f70e99c64ac048bb707d4c14a8938a6b.jpg

• Global Moderator

Is that above the 3/8" plate you have? I stacked up washers to make it a total of 1/2" thickness. Kind of an afterthought but I didn't think it would be an issue. I'm going to machine myself a new set that has this built in. Just barely clears on my bike.  

i temporarily remounted the stock rearsets to the adapters using the spacers that came with the gilles rearsets just to check.
with the gilles rearsets there are 2-8mm spacers that offer roughly the same clearance that you have pictured
(there is also a 10mm spacer that seems to work a bit better)
when i get back home i'll re-install the stockers and post pics

bear with me since I don't have a -07. at stock position no clearance is needed since the shift rod goes underneath the 'roundel' at the bottom of said plastic, right?

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

• Premium Member
bear with me since I don't have a -07. at stock position no clearance is needed since the shift rod goes underneath the 'roundel' at the bottom of said plastic, right?
yeppers

where are you folks sourcing the longer shifter rod? should I include that as part of the package?
for 2inches back, how much longer does the rod need to be?

I'm thinking the spacer would work best if it's under the plate at the frame mounting point. But then I'd need a recess for the shifter-pivot's bulge.

Preferences one way or another?

bannerfans_1095431.jpg