The MT-07 Forum

Evotech tail tidy issue-help

So I went ahead an purchased the evotech tail tidy because I really liked the way it looks. Well I installed it today and everything went great until the final step of installation. There are two push pins included in the kit that are used to replace the only two stock pins that are not reused, the pins fit are very loose, almost as if they are the wrong pins.bx5HLKa.jpg8oyuHHN.jpg Have any other evotech tidy users encountered this problem, if so what was the solution? And could anyone please point me in the right direction of finding some proper fitting push pins. 

Well, i ended up using the pins that connect the panels just under the seat  to go under the tail and grabbing some rivets from autozone to replace those...problem solved

• Premium Member

there was a couple that didn't fit with my yoshi tail tidy. i just left em out.

Hey thanks! I placed an order for some, although the autozone ones work my OCD just can't handle knowing I can have the real deal lol.

• Premium Member

Just use a couple of washers, I picked up some black ones or heck, you can even spray paint em. I think most of just put washers on and then pushed the pin in. It holds securely once you do that. At least that is what I did. Not sure about what came with the kit but, the stock pins work the way I describe above.

• Premium Member

Just for future reference, any parts store has a variety of plastic, push-in, retainer pins of varying sizes. I've used such for many similar projects, they cost next to nothing and you can have them as quickly as you can get there and purchase them; no awaiting shipping.

• 10 months later...

Way old thread but hopefully will help others. I just re-used the factory pins and it worked fine for me.

I have several Evotech parts and while IMO they are fine quality, their instructions are lacking. Actually, werent included for some of my parts just a tag that said for instructions, visit our website lol.

Archived