The MT-07 Forum

MotoDynamic Integrated Taillight

asjkhadfg

I've had my MD taillight installed on my bike for a while now, and recently I've been noticing intermittent issues with the brake light not coming on when brakes are applied. I've checked all the connections and inspected all the wires, but haven't seen anything suspicious. Has anyone else had issues with their MD kit, or am I alone in this matter?

Thanks!

I haven't had any issues with mine. Maybe it could be the sensor the front brake lever actuates?

First, I'm digging the Am Psycho avatar!

I've had no issues with my MD taillight. However, I do recall seeing an extra wire/resistor that came with the kit for use on some bikes that have issues with the brake light function. If I recall correctly, it was for a different problem though, where the light would stay on - I think. I'll have to double check the instructions. Also, the brake light switch on this bike takes quite a bit of lever pull to trigger. If you're just lightly pulling the lever, it may not be enough to trip the switch.

• Premium Member

dont mean to hijack your thread but i figure its better then starting a whole new thread about it. anyone notice crazy heat problems with the resistor. i was reading the install instructions and the part where it mentions mounting the resistor where air will circulate has me a bit worried. im one that forgets to cancel my turn signals after turning and don't want it melting plastic.

I didn't need the resistor. It said only to use it if necessary. But in general, resistors do get very hot to the point that you wouldn't want to touch them. That's typical when the resistor is small relative to the resistance to current it offers. If it bothers you, you could buy a ceramic insulated higher-wattage resistor for a couple bucks.

Archived