Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Cruizin

Yamaha XSR-700 Born Tomorrow

databyter
Lol, I just posted a thread about this, after checking the front page to see if anybody else had. Guess I missed it. No time was wasted eliminating my dupe thread either :) 
I guess a search would have been a better way to see if this had been discussed, but I have been browsing around for weeks and never saw hide nor hair of this. I just caught the article in Revzilla tonight and assumed it was brand new.

I think it's kind of neat but prefer the FJ-09 or better yet, an FJ-07 concept to put some sport touring on the platform.

But this will fill a nice niche for folks that want the nice engine and light frame but want a more retro look.

Databyter

databyter
Aw man. If this came out last year and I had a choice I would have chosen this look. But I love my bike and I'm not going to go through the hasslehoff trading my bike for it.
Maybe some of the parts can be purchased and mounted to our frame, after all, the frames are supposed to be basically the same. Maybe they are using existing mounting locations for the retro parts.
  • Like 1

pH
Can't wait to see one with scrambler tires....
  • Like 1

ratlab
i'd cafe it-with a triumph thruxton seat cowl and fly screen-maybe the bolt c seat.high pipe and tubeless spoked wheels,like alpinas.it would be so much better than a thruxton or bonneville,120 lbs lighter,good brakes and handling.sweet!!!

DewMan

Found a link to this in my inbox:

YZEtc

I never would have guessed the XSR700 is supposed to pay homage to the XS650 without reading the press blurb or seeing the blurb video.

To me, it's just another marketing exercise of having a "new" model with minimal R & D meant to promote the retro niche, complete with riding gear that's supposed to replicate what was supposedly worn back in 1972.

Funny thing to me is that I wore goofy gear like that and rode old, obsolete bikes that nobody wanted once they became outdated.

I don't see the attraction to the styling.

bornagainbiker
1 hour ago, YZEtc said:

I never would have guessed the XSR700 is supposed to pay homage to the XS650 without reading the press blurb or seeing the blurb video.

To me, it's just another marketing exercise of having a "new" model with minimal R & D meant to promote the retro niche, complete with riding gear that's supposed to replicate what was supposedly worn back in 1972.

Funny thing to me is that I wore goofy gear like that and rode old, obsolete bikes that nobody wanted once they became outdated.

I don't see the attraction to the styling.

It certainly doesn't resemble the classic look of the old XS650--not even close IMHO.

• Like 1

r1limited
2 hours ago, bornagainbiker said:

It certainly doesn't resemble the classic look of the old XS650--not even close IMHO.

Why Mr XSR700, I knew SX650 and your NO SX650