The MT-07 Forum

Arai Corsair V with FZ-07's ergos?

pgeldz

• Premium Member

Guys, so check it...

Because I'll be doing a bunch of track days between now and the end of the year (I have 8 scheduled), I was thinking about getting another helmet more designed for that environment.

I'm a die-hard Arai guy, so I've been looking at the Corsair V.

It's definitely NOT designed for naked bikes or upright riding positions, but since I've changed my ergos with the Suburban Machinery M1 bars and Gilles Tooling rearsets, you think I can get away with that helmet?

I'm also looking to maybe add some more color to my gear. I've always had Red as part of my color palette until now. I love the florescent Yellow and don't plan to change that, but thought a little more color wouldn't hurt, especially in the helmet area as the White is a little boring, lol.

Alpinestars makes boots and gloves that match my existing Black/White/Florescent Yellow scheme, but adds in a slight bit of Red. Throw in a helmet with a slight bit of Red also, and you have all the outer extremities with Red accents...

Just so happens Arai came out with a limited edition of their Corsair V. It's the 2015 Isle of Man TT graphic and guess what, it has Red in it!

Quick photoshop of what I have now to what I would have with the new set up.  I really dig the helmet.  The Gold reminds me of Iron Man and has a menacing quality about it, whilst not looking dark.

A78uD7mh.jpg

Whacha think (about the race helmet with the FZ-07's adjusted ergos) ?

- Paulie

• Premium Member

My thoughts... think as much about your riding as your color scheme and no one will notice such details if you're fast!!! All the best!

• Premium Member
My thoughts... think as much about your riding as your color scheme and no one will notice such details if you're fast!!! All the best!
Very true my friend!

Actually, I probably shouldn't have asked about the colors, as I know what I like and what I don't like, lol.  Edited the original post :)

What I should have focused on, is do you guys think the new riding position (with bars and rearsets) is aggressive enough to work well with the Corsair V, since that helmet it's more designed for a race position?

- Paulie

My 2 cents, the bike even with lower bars and higher pegs still does not have the race posture of dedicated sport bikes. Also, the Corsair V was designed to primarily work in the tuck behind a full race windscreen. I currently use the same Arai Defiant as you (though in the asteroid red/white graphic) and I love the giant venting. The Defiant still has a rear spoiler so I think it will do well in any position on any bike. You get to retain the awesome airflow in normal riding and still get a little aid in stability at higher speeds. I'd stick with what you have and maybe just sell the plain one for a graphic option you like.

• Premium Member

Based purely on looks alone.....I think its pretty F'n sweet to have the isle of man logo on the helmet. Have you considered getting one of the sport screens (Givi or Fabri style)? It seems that it may benefit you if you are running out there at high speeds trying to hang with the supersports. That being said, the corsair V would then fit the bill with the "hiding behind the screen" design.

I figure you favor the true naked look but, I think the functionality of a proper screen may do some good.

• Premium Member

Wow, all great info guys, thanks!

@dizzid1320 - I didn't see the Corsair X until you mentioned it.  Just had a look and I see they will be offered in 3 replica schemes, and solid colors at first.  Don't really like the replicas for the intial launch, and they don't seem to list any regular graphic designs at the moment either :)

Hmm, this makes it a bit harder...

I mean, I could justify the Corsair V IOM helmet at the track for that environment, and maybe try out the Rizoma screen I have as @nohater said...but knowing me, if I'm spending that kind of cash for the latest and greatest Arai helmet, knowing full well it'll be outdated in like 2 months when the successor comes out, I may have a problem with that, lol.

I dunno what it is about the IOM graphic, but every time I see it I'm like...I GOTTA HAVE IT!

:)

I'll sleep on it for a while - it's not like I need it tomorrow.  I don't wait to long to pull the trigger though, as it IS a limited edition and once they are gone, they're gone.

- Paulie

Archived