The MT-07 Forum

Any DMV riders?

MarylandFZ07

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member

I thought I was pretty clear but it looks like I'm busier than I thought.

Going out to sea for a couple weeks, then when I get back I have a wedding to attend I forgot about. Then a few days in the OBX for the in-laws vacation rental.

I might be free around mid to late May.

Everything went braap.

cherenkovblu3

no worries, understood, thought maybe we could get something smaller setup sooner and do one in may / june as well?

WAAAY too much highway. Skyline is patrolled and has a 35mph limit so be mindful. The stretch south of 211 to US33 is IMO much more interesting but obviously stretches the distance.

There are no bad roads north of US29, south of RT7 and west of RT15.
bannerfans_1095431.jpg

cherenkovblu3

The route definitely needs some input / changes, I figured people might have a problem with that stretch down 66, im used to it because of my commute to work in Herndon.

Guest unknown

pattonme is right, there's a little too much highway for my taste on that route. We should start where you live since that is where the best roads are anyways.

pantheraleo
WAAAY too much highway. Skyline is patrolled and has a 35mph limit so be mindful. The stretch south of 211 to US33 is IMO much more interesting but obviously stretches the distance. 
There are no bad roads north of US29, south of RT7 and west of RT15.
Yes, I went south from Afton on BRP last weekend...and found the 45 speed limit to be better. 56 from the BRP to rt 60 is a great road, too.

I'm going to take Rt 6 again from Richmond and then take Skyline to 33 for my return trip in early May.

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

cherenkovblu3

We can start at the apple house in linden, foods not bad there either, which is pretty much where I live. I figured starting further east would be more appealing to the people who live out that way, what do you guys think? take skyline drive out of the loop?

Rode from Gaithersburg to Skyline. Then rode skyline for an hour. The bike felt great in the turns. Can't wait to upgrade my suspension so turns feel even better.

cherenkovblu3
Rode from Gaithersburg to Skyline. Then rode skyline for an hour. The felt great in the turns. Can't wait to upgrade my suspension so turns feel even better.
Sounds like an awesome ride. where did you get on / off the drive at? See any rangers running radar while you were up there?

I got on and off at Luray caverns. No rangers with radar guns but I was not speeding. Just kept up with the little traffic there was. Even at this speed the never ending turns kept me entertained.

I do not suggest speeding here, you will get a big ticket. Just take in the greatness of mother nature and enjoy the beautiful ride.

cherenkovblu3

thanks howlinhoss, no worries, not looking to speed (too inexperienced of a rider anyhow), i grew up in Front Royal so im pretty familiar with the drive, I was just curious about the radar, i've been pulled over in a car for doing 5mph over up there before and i know they like to pick on bikes. Planning to go from Front Royal down to the tunnel and then back up on 340 on Tuesday. Gravel and crap off the roads up there yet?

• Premium Member
I got on and off at Luray caverns. No rangers with radar guns but I was not speeding. Just kept up with the little traffic there was. Even at this speed the never ending turns kept me entertained. 
I do not suggest speeding here, you will get a big ticket. Just take in the greatness of mother nature and enjoy the beautiful ride.

Very, very easy to get a ticket.here. Any time I've been up camping, there's been at least a few rangers out. Like howlinhoss said tho, real nice to soak the scenery in.

Everything went braap.

Anyone attending MotorcycleXcitement track day at Summit Point this weekend? I know unknown will be there.

• Premium Member

What does it take to get on the track? I've been really itching to try it out. Might at least get 1 day at the Superbike school at VIR, though I'd like to do the extended option.

Everything went braap.

First $250 lol. Then boots, gauntlet gloves, one piece leather suit or leather pants and jacket that zip together, quality helmet usually snell is recommended, and your bike of course. Also you will want to trailer your bike to the track in case you have bike issues.

It was worth every penny. It was my first track day and I am already looking to book my next one.

I did not ride my fz07 but I was whipping my modded ninja 300 around and being a pest to some bigger bikes until they destroyed me in the straights.

Once I upgrade the suspension on my fz I will be taking it out for a track day.

In addition to riding, I got to meet Unknown and his crew. We combined groups for lunch, grilled out and rested for the second half of sessions. Unknown also showed me his blurple fz07 equipped with fork cartidge done by Pattonme (they look top notch - very impressed). Definitely getting these on my fz.

Overall it was an amazing Sunday at the track.

• Premium Member

You guys thinking of doing anything this coming Sunday? I figure I may be able to take the long cruise up RT-17 and end up in your area in 2-3 hrs. If anyone will be out I'm up for whatever.

Everything went braap.

Guest unknown

@Hobbs, Sunday would be good for me, we could rip through 211 and maybe skyline/BR parkway.

@howlinhoss Fun times indeed. I will set up for the next track day to bring a bigger grill. We should def set up our pits next to each other too. How was your final sessions? Anymore wrecks or were you guys finally able to get out and go fast.

Archived