The MT-07 Forum

battery recall im still waiting???

NICKY NEON

I went to my dealer in April with the recall paper he said he would order me the cable and call me??
every month I go in there it the same story nope cables still on back ordered.
is everyone waiting like me?

bmwpowere36m3

I dunno, but when I was purchasing my bike in May I had them do it before I picked it up… instead of picking it up Friday, I was able to pick it up the following Monday. So they got the cable in a few days. Maybe try another dealer.

• Premium Member

Sounds just like my recall experience with a second recall by Dodge this spring (still no parts, but I finally did get the shrapnel ejecting air-bag replaced)... and Chrysler was recently hit by the Feds for botched recalls (mainly, it seems, for faulty reporting to the Feds, and not the poor recall performance itself... unfortunately). Best of luck!!!

My dealer was able to get the recall part within a week. This was over a month ago. I agree with calling another dealer.

I actually did my recall in april, the same month I bought my girl's bike.

Here's the thing, I was supposed to have it done in Jan, but my dealership close to me said they will have to hold the bike for 4 days. I said screw that, I'll take it to my brother-in-law's dealership 35 miles away from me to have it done, but I kept holding it off until I bought her bike where he works as a technician. He told me they have the recall part in and to stop by anytime, so I rode my FZ07 there right into the garage and I watched as he did the recall. It took him literally less than 10 minutes to do it (and I also took pics of him doing the recall with my phone like an idiot). Actually maybe it took a little over 5 minutes with his cordless drill. My mind boggled as to why the dealership I bought the bike from wanted to hold me to bring it in and store it for 4 days.

But anyways, to answer your question, the two dealerships I have dealt with both had the parts, and this was in Jan and April.

• Premium Member

It took my dealer here about a week to get the parts, that was last month

Guest Ralph

In the UK I got my bike in Sep and got the recall in October 2014,
the job was done soon after cant remember the date, we were told not
all bikes were affected, but I would have thought they would have
started fitting the new part on the line from then, but 7 or 8 months
later bikes in the USA seem to be being sold still with the old part,
makes you wonder when they were actually built and why it was not done
before delivery.

My dealer took about a month to get the part, brought my bike to them in the morning and picked it up that night. I'm sure it didn't take them all day but it was easier for me to just leave it there for the day. This was ordered May 1st and done start of June.

2015 Matte Metallic Grey FZ-07

yeah I don't know why hes breaking my balls? he did tell me he sold 3 or 4 07 this year I bet there done I bought my last year.

Are they literally telling you the cable is on back order and that's what holding them up? I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that the fix was a new seat bracket. I suppose they might replace the cable as well, but I don't see how it would be necessary if you inspect the current cable and find no chaffing issues.

I still need to take mine in for this. I rerouted my cable myself when I installed the EJK, so I have no worries about mine chaffing. That said, I still need to get it done just to look OK on paper and not have anything showing I skipped a recall notice.

If the dealer is being problematic, you make be able to contact Yamaha USA to file a complaint. They should take safety recalls importantly. Maybe that will light a match under the dealer's rear.

Life is good on 2 wheels!

The recall comes in a bag with 3 parts. The new bracket, the new battery cable, and a zip-tie along with instructions.

EDIT: Oh wait, in didn't come with instructions, those have to be printed off of Yamaha's technician site or whatever the resource is for authorized dealers.

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

Guest Ralph

The bike comes with the battery disconnected but with the org short cable if it was wrongly
routed the cable could rub on the bracket, so they send a longer cable that makes it easer
to rout it correctly and a different shaped bracket just to make sure.

Archived