The MT-07 Forum

Anyone following the Kawasaki H2 and H2R?

yamahappy74

• Premium Member
yamahappy74

This thing is absolutely insane. I mean that literally; you'd have to be insane to own one. The H2R has 320hp while the H2 (road version) "only" has 250hp. Granted, they are prohibitively expensive, but still, good god...

When you said "this thing" is absolutely insane and then when I watched the video I started thinking that the bike was doing what it's made to do, haul-ass, and that the rider was insane for making it do it. 

Beemer

• Premium Member
yamahappy74

A quick youtube search will show you just how nuts that bike is. It absolutely smashed a Bugati Veyron on the drag (though the Nissan GT-R made pretty quick work of it). The fact that it has jet aircraft canards on the front should be a clue.
This review vid is pretty great. Why have I not heard of this bike?

Someone needs to get that bike out on the Bonneville Salt Flats and radar gun it. It's stupid fast!

Beemer

I saw an H2 in person and it's insane. It looks like a weapon and I'm sure rides like one too. That supercharger noise is awesome!

• Global Moderator

Looks insane, sounds awesome, would love to demo one... only drawback i would see is gas mileage... ...i dont think id be able to stay under half throttle at any given time

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Not sure how you can miss this one ha. It's been all over the news for months. There's already at least one motovlogger I have seen with an H2, plus stunter Jason Britton has one. Jay Leno has an H2R that has been captured a few times by RNickeyMouse on the snake. There have even been a few threads on here about it. Get out from whatever rock you've been hiding under! Ha, kidding.

Life is good on 2 wheels!

• Premium Member
yamahappy74
Looks insane, sounds awesome, would love to demo one... only drawback i would see is gas mileage... ...i dont think id be able to stay under half throttle at any given time
I see your point, but I don't know anyone who would buy a Lambo for the gas mileage.  

These are not bikes anyone concerned about gas mileage would or should ever own.  

A quick youtube search will show you just how nuts that bike is. It absolutely smashed a Bugati Veyron on the drag (though the Nissan GT-R made pretty quick work of it). The fact that it has jet aircraft canards on the front should be a clue. This review vid is pretty great. Why have I not heard of this bike?
Can't see the vid at the moment, but I will point out in case anyone did not know... The thing is supercharged, not making that HP naturally aspirated.  

Not sure how you can miss this one ha. It's been all over the news for months. There's already at least one motovlogger I have seen with an H2, plus stunter Jason Britton has one. Jay Leno has an H2R that has been captured a few times by RNickeyMouse on the snake. There have even been a few threads on here about it. Get out from whatever rock you've been hiding under! Ha, kidding.
I haven't watched the news for years, it gives me deep, dark, cramps   :-S so I prefer my rock. Can't have the bike anyway so what's it matter? Just sayin'. 

Beemer

• Global Moderator
A quick youtube search will show you just how nuts that bike is. It absolutely smashed a Bugati Veyron on the drag (though the Nissan GT-R made pretty quick work of it). The fact that it has jet aircraft canards on the front should be a clue. This review vid is pretty great. Why have I not heard of this bike?
Can't see the vid at the moment, but I will point out in case anyone did not know... The thing is supercharged, not making that HP naturally aspirated.  
Thought only the r version was supercharged. If both are, then i may need to save more moolah

I haven't watched the news for years, it gives me deep, dark, cramps   :-S so I prefer my rock. Can't have the bike anyway so what's it matter? Just sayin'. 
Sorry, not "the" news, but news in general, mainly on the internet. 

• Premium Member
yamahappy74

I'm not a Kawi rider so I'm not on their forums or anything, plus anything I read about bikes is typically on this site (or Triumph's, since that was my last bike). I just stumbled across this while surfing the internet, completely by chance. It's a pretty gnarly bike, not one that I would be comfortable riding, but it sure does have some nice aesthetics. I'd love a 600 version.

I agree... the aesthetics are awesome. If you look at the noce head on, it has that samurai transformer robot head look to it.

Since you probably don't read much about Hondas then either, check out there new mega expensive sled. It's the RC213V-S. It's only $184. :)

• Premium Member
yamahappy74

Now that makes even less sense. A $184K street legal MotoGP bike? Why? I bet these sell like hotcakes in Dubai. They'll probably have a special fleet made for their task force.

• Global Moderator

I saw one at a motorcycle show and it looks fantastic. The thing I do not understand is the wings. I understand wings on a car but on a motorcycle it seems like the down force would not be helpful with the lean angles.

I saw one at a motorcycle show and it looks fantastic. The thing I do not understand is the wings. I understand wings on a car but on a motorcycle it seems like the down force would not be helpful with the lean angles.
The intention of the wings is not to add down force, it's to create sort of a Venturi effect with the air flow over the bike and rider.  They pair with the rear spoiler to help create this flow pattern.  Makes for much smoother flow over the rider and down the rider's back, i.e. less overall drag.   
It's very much like the wings on the Ducati GP15, which actually serve to flow more air over the engine to help keep it cooler.  

Both bikes have the similar wings; neither are there for down force.  

• Global Moderator

Not to thread jack or anything since someone mentioned that honda. I found a version i would prefer over the full fared version

Just something about naked bikes... idk
1a52e6a8e7fde27bfad4ea19434e3205.jpg

• Premium Member
yamahappy74

That thing just screams intricate and expensive. I imagine the upkeep on that thing would be horrendous.

Archived