The MT-07 Forum

Akrapovic

sixx

I can't find this exhaust anywhere. I've been searching for two months now and it seems to be on back order every where that I look unless I get it from over-seas. Any thoughts? comments? concerns? Also, do you recommend I get a fuel controller with it? 

riotcontrol
I can't find this exhaust anywhere. I've been searching for two months now and it seems to be on back order every where that I look unless I get it from over-seas. Any thoughts? comments? concerns? Also, do you recommend I get a fuel controller with it? 
I'm in a similar boat. Couldn't find the Ti Akrapovic in stock anywhere. Went ahead and placed an order with Dobeck for an EJK and the exhaust. They shipped the EJK (which is awesome of them to split up the shipments) and let me know that Akrapovic is currently changing distributors, so it would be early August before my exhaust shipped. The wait is killing me!

Yea, I decided to say forget about it and bought a full arrow exhaust, I leave for vacation next week so i'll install it when I get back.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm in a similar boat. .......so it would be early August before my exhaust shipped. The wait is killing me! 

Any word yet?

I've had mine on order since I purchased my bike (21 July). Update from them as of yesterday is that their supplier "should" have them on 21 August.

I've had mine on order since I purchased my bike (21 July). Update from them as of yesterday is that their supplier "should" have them on 21 August.
Same here, late August is the new word as of Tuesday.

Well my dealer's supplier is Parts Unlimited, which I would assume is most other vendors supplier. I've already paid for my exhaust, so hopefully that is accurate. When I ordered it 3 weeks ago I was told 2 weeks, so we'll see. 

Well my dealer's supplier is Parts Unlimited, which I would assume is most other vendors supplier. I've already paid for my exhaust, so hopefully that is accurate. When I ordered it 3 weeks ago I was told 2 weeks, so we'll see.
I believe Dobeck gets their exhausts from Parts Unlimited as well, so I am in the same boat!

• Premium Member

mine is supposed to come friday-2 1/2 months after ordering-greg spears of spears enterprises said he will tune it for me with a pcv!!-really excited.will post up dyno chart-yamaha was talking to him about building their flat track motors.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my Akra Ti in the mail and wondering how are you guys cleaning it?!

I haven't installed it yet, but it states to use WD-40 on only Titanium parts.
Are the headers titanium also?!....
so use WD on the whole system?!...
Can I just some alcohol for the headers.
Just curious as to what you guys did or used to clean
The canister and headers?!

Honda Grom
CB 350

• Premium Member

Grade [HASH]0000 steel wool on the stainless steel headers if they're really dirty and just a steel polish like Never Dull. Only use WD40 on the Ti muffler.

Gremlin,

Steel turns blue/purple once it hits around 500 to 600 degrees.
Install and take it for a ride. You'll get that coloring after a while.

Stainless steel may change color at a different temp but should be close to that temp.

-TuningHQ

d5c39f57-59c4-41a4-b04f-036c853f2a64_zpse3f79d78.jpg

Archived