The MT-07 Forum

Where can I get my hands on the factory paint/powder colors?

dizzid1320

Does anyone know where I can buy the Blurple powder and Liquid Graphite paint that Yamaha uses?

In the past, I've worked with body shops that are able to order factory matched paints from PPG (PPG mixes the colors rather than the shop trying to concoct their own match)  but that was for cars.

I'm not sold on the idea yet, but I'm thinking of powder coating the upper and lower triples in Blurple and painting the silver side covers in matching Liquid Graphite.  I already have black rearsets, so that silver aluminum that the rearsets mount to would get a black powder coat. 

What do you guys think? 

travisaurusrex

Maybe a little off topic, but I'd love to get hold of some touch up paint to correct a small knick on a side panel.
Does anyone have a lead on that?

I have a can of the blurple from ColorRite at home. I believe they call it Yamaha Deep Purplish Blue or something like that. I'll see if I can get you the code this evening.

Life is good on 2 wheels!

Yes, this is the correct color code for the FZ-07 and the FZ-09.   
I can confirm I have a can of the 0564, which after a bit of interwebz searching seems to be the color code for the R6.  As best I can tell, the 0564 matches dead on, but if I were you I'd go with the correct code which is the 1329 mrcribbs posted. 

Life is good on 2 wheels!

• 1 year later...
  • Premium Member

Glad I stumbled on this, I don't need anything now I was curious about where I could find this. Thanks for the heads-up.

Archived