The MT-07 Forum

FZ07 Motocage Edition

djdiddles

• Premium Member

I wrote out a whole long thing about how I got the parts and accidentally deleted the whole thing. :-/ 

Long story short, my sister found the parts in Spain and shipped them over to me. It wasn't cheap but all the parts were brand new straight from Yamaha. 

here is the finished product:

[attachment id=688" thumbnail="1][attachment id=690" thumbnail="1][attachment id=692" thumbnail="1][attachment id=691" thumbnail="1]

Do the crash bars around the engine get in the way of your legs at all?

2015 Matte Metallic Grey FZ-07

• Premium Member
Do the crash bars around the engine get in the way of your legs at all?
nope. They tuck in pretty close to the engine so you honestly don't know they are there. 

[attachment id=697" thumbnail="1]

Do they serve any purpose other than to look cool?

The engine case covers look like they would probably still take quite a bit of damage in an accident.

• Premium Member

I want those hand guards. Looks good, just wish they offered this bike in the US.

• Premium Member
Do they serve any purpose other than to look cool? 

The engine case covers look like they would probably still take quite a bit of damage in an accident.

The engine case would still take damage, which is why they put case savers on Euro Model but I just didn't have the extra $$$$ to buy them. Maybe next month I'll nab them but you can get those anywhere here in the states.

The cage actually has a frame slider on it, so there is that. Also the cage doesn't require you to remove the engine bolt up near the radiator like most other frame sliders. It has a rubber grommet you place inside and that's what the frame slider attaches to. As you tighten it, the rubber expands and that is what holds the front part of the cage on to the bike. Also the frame slider actually rolls inplace and isn't stationary.

In my honest opinion, the cage does give some rigidity to the whole bike. I just went out for a ride *my first since putting everything on* and I did notice less vibration. It could have just been me but I felt a bit more precision when I went into quick leans meaning, when I would go back and forth, it would recover a bit quicker to a change in direction. It could just be a placebo effect but that's just my opinion.

Neato!

Great explanation, thank you!

The bike looks fantastic and i hope you enjoy the heck out of it.

• Premium Member

Next to some hot bikes, mine really did turn heads. No joke, people we asking me all afternoon what kind of bike I rode. Some people said it looks kind of like a Mv Agusta.

[attachment id=700" thumbnail="1]

Archived