The MT-07 Forum

Riding Space

Beemer

It doesn't bother me too much what he did other than the attitude he had. I don't do that, but if someone did I'd just think less of them; it wouldn't get to me that much.

Dude is a poser if I ever saw one. Talk about nailing ALL of the bad traits...

Squidding on a GSXR with what seems to be a stretched swing arm.

He hit the poser trifecta!

Life is good on 2 wheels!

motomeek

Maybe pulling up next to a stranger at a stop is a personal thing more than anything. It appears that some here don't mind it and that's fine by me but I'm not fine with it. I look at it this way ... what if it were a different guy and a different place and for some reason while sitting still I needed to shoot real quick to the left side to avoid being ran into from the the side, front or rear but can't because we have Mr. There's plenty of Room right next to me, looking all cool and blocking my alternate escape route. They did talk about having escape routes in the MSF course, did they not? And like others have said, it's just rude and wrong, bad biking etiquette.

Beemer

I cant believe it the same thing happen to me today but worse, im waiting at a light to turn green and I hear 2 bikes come up on the side of me I had to move to my left as they squeezed on the side of me yes we were 3 bikes lined up and didn't look at me or say a word? then they take off in front of me.
young kids in there 20's.

After reading this thread today, it happened twice. For the first time ever. "how many cc is the bike?" Then at the green he floored it. He was on so cruiser with a damn rocket launcher for an exhaust. Funny!

• Premium Member

Its all perspective if I lived where traffic was like the below then lane splitting riding side by side and passing in the same lane is totally normal. But where I'm at there is no need for it. Now if I was in a hurry like zombies are chasing me that's another story ( referring to zombies as the police or cagers lol)

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

Lots of people rev their bikes unnecessarily, especially at a standstill. They just seem to like doing it and I wouldn't consider this a "challenge" unless they are eyeing you or gesturing in some way. I think the revving aspect of biker behavior is par for the course.

Here in California, we can lane split and riders often share space like this, though I would agree that it's generally considered poor form to pass during a turn or pass within the same lane at speed.

I cant believe it the same thing happen to me today but worse, im waiting at a light to turn green and I hear 2 bikes come up on the side of me I had to move to my left as they squeezed on the side of me yes we were 3 bikes lined up and didn't look at me or say a word? then they take off in front of me. young kids in there 20's.
Another satisfied customer ....

Beemer

After reading this thread today, it happened twice. For the first time ever. "how many cc is the bike?" Then at the green he floored it. He was on so cruiser with a damn rocket launcher for an exhaust. Funny!
I'm going to have a sticker made and put on my bike that says, "Bike CC , 12 inches" (not that that's true of course, ;) ha!) and when they ask I'll just point to the sticker.

Beemer

• Premium Member
speedingtickets
A few months ago, i had a guy RIGHT on my ass on the highway. He kept drifting up next to me on the right side of my bike and it made me really nervous. 
Personally, if you dont know the person, leave them alone, i really dont think that there is a good reason to invade someones space. If you REALLY want to talk to them, wave at them when you're stopped and hope that they see you in their rearview mirrors and THEN approach.
Hey, sh!t stain, lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way! 

• Premium Member
yamahappy74
A few months ago, i had a guy RIGHT on my ass on the highway. He kept drifting up next to me on the right side of my bike and it made me really nervous. 
Personally, if you dont know the person, leave them alone, i really dont think that there is a good reason to invade someones space. If you REALLY want to talk to them, wave at them when you're stopped and hope that they see you in their rearview mirrors and THEN approach.
WTF? Really? After the posts I've seen in the last couple of days from you, I'm getting a really great picture of the type of person you are. No, it's not good. 

• Premium Member
howworkclutch
I don't see a problem. Plenty of space for both bikes.
what?  
this is very clearly a case of two sexually short-changed primates operating their toys within each others imagined space.  its exceedingly important that these two figure out whos going to own that right-hand corner as doing-so will signal to all the nearby females that there is a clear leader in the vicinity

these two should have exchanged numbers and met for some sharing of emotions.

-HowWorkClutch

Awww, you're using my terms!  How original! 
Breaking the speed limit so that someone can pass me when im in the right hand lane on the freeway makes absolutely zero sense.  If the guy wanted to go around me, he could have simply changed lanes.

Logical thought is not your strong suit is it?

Archived