The MT-07 Forum

0-60 Times for FZ-07

MarylandFZ07

• Premium Member

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrpLVIZ4kVI]
Here is a 0-62 mph from our counterpart MT-07. I personally am terrible at launching and have not tried. I do believe some of the corporate review sites say 4.0s. I'd love to hear other feedback too. Keep that front wheel close to the ground when trying! :)

• Global Moderator

I read this somewhere..  :)

So 0-62mph in 3.3 seconds.....are we saying that's about as good as it gets without performance enhancing mods? 
BTW, 3.3 seconds seems pretty dam good to me, considering the class this bike is being bracketed in.
I like to point out to people it does 0-60 just a shade quicker than a Lamborghini Murcielago.

• Premium Member
I read this somewhere..  :) 

So 0-62mph in 3.3 seconds.....are we saying that's about as good as it gets without performance enhancing mods? 
BTW, 3.3 seconds seems pretty dam good to me, considering the class this bike is being bracketed in.
I like to point out to people it does 0-60 just a shade quicker than a Lamborghini Murcielago.
Hot Damn!!!!!!!!! I just saved myself $347,000 getting the same acceleration!!!  
LM_zps4e0902bd.png

• Global Moderator

and you get better mileage too. Win win if you ask me !

• Global Moderator

So far my 0-60 time is running at about six weeks. The next launch should be faster though.

3.3 seconds ain't bad. Anyone have a GPS confirmed top speed yet? On a closed course obviously. ;)
I read somewhere 0-60 mph in 4 seconds. I honored all my previous bike with the obligatory top speed test.  With the plastic tank, my tankbag is useless. I have a Givi gps holder but i think the big cluster of the 07 make it useless too. I don't really see me doing a pass holding my gps with one hand at 200 km/h (124 mph). But the gps can record the top speed even if it's in a jacket's pocket. If the weather is nice nexy friday. I'll try something on my favorite closed course. ;) 

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

The closed course was a bit too crowded with this vacation time. I managed to get 187 km/h (116 mph). The speedometer showed 8 km/h more. I needed more room. For scientific purpose, i'll have to try again. :D

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

Guest montana07
The closed course was a bit too crowded with this vacation time. I managed to get 187 km/h (116 mph). The speedometer showed 8 km/h more. I needed more room. For scientific purpose, i'll have to try again. :D
Nice man, how did 100+ feel?  I've taken my bike up to about 85-90 and it felt alright, but the wind was pushing me around a bit.  Although Montana winds can be a bit intense. 

Guest MXRider

GPS? Not too shabby.

Nice man, how did 100+ feel?
Actually, it felt better than expected.  I truly feel the winds in my full face, not just some air by the open vents. :D. The front end felt very stable. I's been a long, LONG time since i ride a naked bike at that speed. Next time, i'll stay in 5th. The overdrive is not a good idea for this kind of pass. But i had a blast upshifting at high rpm. My 2 previous bike were dualsport. So i missed that part a bit. :P 
116 mph gps. My previous SV650S reached 204 km/h (127 mph) at the speedometer (no gps).

Archived