The MT-07 Forum

Ride to State College for Arts Fest

phif

This past weekend was arts fest at state college, PA. I am a recent grad and had to go back up there because its an absolute blast. On the way up I rode route 78 to 322 (Im from lehigh county) which is pretty boring but I just wanted to get there as fast as I could. On the way home I took the back roads and I wish I wouldve taken them on the way up. I am a new rider and Im sure plenty of fun rides are to come but this was the most fun Ive had on my bike thus far. The views and scenery were great. Since I have only been riding a few weeks I was a little hesitant to go on this trip with my bike but I thought it turned out to be a nice and easy ride for a beginner. And the only way to get better is to get as much seat time as possible. I have 781 miles on my bike after only riding it for a few weeks. 

Anyways, from state college back to lehigh county I took route 45 all the way to Winfield, PA then route 15 to Sunbury where you cross the susquehanna river, then route 61/54 to Hometown where you pick up route 309 back to Allentown. If you want the exact route type allentown,pa to state college, pa and then choose avoid highways and it should be the only route that comes up. Any PA riders out there let me know if you want to ride together since none of my friends have bikes. 

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome phif, sounds like a nice ride! Go Nittany Lions!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Sounds awesome. I went to Lehigh and live just south of the Phila Airport. A couple of us are riding to a Ducati demo day in Willow Grove at the end of the month to meet up and poke around, maybe take a test ride if you want to meet up.

From West Chester, but moving to Annapolis. Job in Emmaus didn't pan out, but it doesn't matter, the one in Annapolis is paying 20% more.
I will be up here most weekends though, I might have to store my bike in PA depending on where I lived down there. IF I don't have a garage it will 100% stay in PA.

Archived