The MT-07 Forum

Maybe another reason to invest in a camera?

motomeek

• Premium Member

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZueHaDP4hU]

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

bmwpowere36m3

I don't have a one (that I ride with), but I can definitely see the benefits. At the same time it can be incriminating (depending on your riding style).

This is why I don't ride too "aggressively" around other vehicles, cutting drivers off, splitting lanes (not legal in CT), etc... especially when I'll be stopping/slowing down shortly after an "encounter". A LOT of crazies out there. I had driver in a truck try to run me off the road because I split lanes to the front of the line at a light.... I honestly don't know what people are thinking sometimes.

Yep, I almost always ride with a camera. I have it record on loop, it just records over old footage unless something interesting happens and I save the video. I have a cheap but good quality sony action cam hooked up to my helmet at all times and plug the camera in at night while it is still connected to my helmet. No fuss and nothing extra to do unless I need to upload video to my computer.

I have recorded other people's accidents, a cop running into someone, a house fire, a biker run off the road by a pickup, and many more interesting things.

LmAO!! Funny how the assailant turns into the injured party ... brings back memories of my X.  :-S

Beemer

• Premium Member

Showed more restraint than I could of. When I saw the girl get pushed/assaulted the bike wouldn't of mattered at that point. The car driver was clearly under the influence.

Haha. I knew this video was going to be in the thread just by the title. I've been seeing it everywhere this week.

The old guy is so lucky he picked a composed and nonviolent person to pick on for such a minor offense as lane splitting outside of CA.

• Premium Member

To avoid self incrimination, simply place 2 strips of electrical tape on the mph readout. :)

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member

Well for the members that seen my accident video on my CBR250R by a prius that cut me off, I felt the need to have an all in one device that would always be with me. This is my justification for upgrading to the Sena 10C. Me actually capturing the incident that i had on video saved my @$$ and told my story. It made the other insurance company see that it was their clients fault and thus had to write me a couple checks.

- totaled bike $$$$
- equipment damage $$$$
- loss of use $$$$
- Injury $$$$
- deductible return $$$$

• Premium Member
To avoid self incrimination, simply place 2 strips of electrical tape on the mph readout. :)
Or just change the POV. I have a few positions on the bike or the top of helmet that don't show the dash.  ;) 

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Showed more restraint than I could of. When I saw the girl get pushed/assaulted the bike wouldn't of mattered at that point. The car driver was clearly under the influence.
That's the truth.  I use a camera every ride, and mine would have captured myself beating him unconscious.  I have a quick temper anyway, and this would have pushed me way over the top.  My hat's off to that kid! 

“The real cycle you're working on is a cycle called yourself.”
— Robert M. Pirsig (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values)

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

I have a biker whip on the brake lever of my cruiser and would not hesitate to use it if someone approached me in an aggressive manner like that. I figure on my FZ I could quickly ride away from danger. We really have to be careful out there, we are so exposed and people are nuckin futz.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member

I know I wouldn't have been able to contain myself... I would have hurt him after he punched me the first time. Nothing else to talk about in my opinion. Glad he had the camera to show the truth versus a story of what happened.

I agree with @nerd as much as I hate to admit it, I would have been on top of him pounding him with my metal covered fists... I have a very quick snapping point when it comes to people messing with me physically.

The part where the rider scolds the guy while he was on the ground was the best. "Dude, how old are you?" lol

Kudos for his restraint.

thankfully, no guns were involved.

I have a biker whip on the brake lever of my cruiser and would not hesitate to use it if someone approached me in an aggressive manner like that. I figure on my FZ I could quickly ride away from danger. We really have to be careful out there, we are so exposed and people are nuckin futz.
Are you serious? I suggest you chuck the whip, take it off the bike today and just ride away in that situation if you can. A whip can be considered a deadly weapon and if you're not justified in using it, it could get you into some serious trouble. Just friendly advice ... take care out there.

Beemer

I know I wouldn't have been able to contain myself... I would have hurt him after he punched me the first time. Nothing else to talk about in my opinion. Glad he had the camera to show the truth versus a story of what happened.
I 2nd that! He would've been apologizing from his back with a broken something after he woke up from the KO.

Beemer

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Hah, yeah, it's just a decoration!

I saw a Harley rider with a billy club mounted on his bars, wouldn't want to mess with him.

Illegitimi non carborundum

shame on you boys hitting an old man like that. he had to be close to 70
So that makes it right to do what he did with no consequence?  Please.  Quit trolling - it's all you ever seem to do on here.  

Life is good on 2 wheels!

That dude looks like Gollum...was that maybe @cruizin on his FZ09, looked like an orange bike.

Also, the rider has the same Alpinestars gloves I have, the armor across the knuckle area would have been very painful to tht guy, but it's not like his hand isn't already hurting....what a noob, he punched a helmet.

hippiebikerchick

Maybe I just don't know the law ... is it not against the law to mount weapons on a bike for decoration now??? Used to be you couldn't. So I can legally mount a dangerous weapon like a baseball bat or a machete on my bike? Please say yes, I have a nice machete.

On 2nd thought, never mind. The other guy may have a gun. (Never bring a knife to a gun fight.)

Beemer

• Premium Member
shame on you boys hitting an old man like that. he had to be close to 70
I saw two counts of assault by the old man. I also saw a very nice take-down and no strikes to restrain the man. 

• Premium Member
howworkclutch
Hah, yeah, it's just a decoration! 
I saw a Harley rider with a billy club mounted on his bars, wouldn't want to mess with him.
those whips are a threat to your own safety.  its too easy to disable a rider who has one of these.  they used to be somewhat popular here.  one brawl at a party proved that those decorations are a liability.

if your hands are on your bars they aren't on your "mounted weapon". a bad actor on foot will take your mounted weapon before you can safely dismount.  if you're slow enough to have your weapon taken, you're about to be forcibly removed from your bike.  trying to bug-out quickly seems like a good idea, but it can be a curse....

billy clubs etc should be stepped-into. the closer you get to the swung weapon the less force it has. if you step away from a swung weapon you move toward its tip, which is where the power of the weapon is. stepping in makes sense as you effectively remove power from the weapon and its easier/faster to step into than it is to back away. and again: the power is in the tip of the weapon, where its speed is highest.

using any weapon against a car while moving is guaranteed to get you badly hurt and do zero damage to the car.

armored clothing and a full face helmet, while not "cool", are your best bet. a head-butt to the nose will stun a bad actor long enough to get away. an armored palm to the jaw from underneath is also an excellent move when close-in.

-HowWorkClutch

Archived