Sign in to follow this  
motomeek

Maybe another reason to invest in a camera?

motomeek
[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZueHaDP4hU]

• Like 3

bmwpowere36m3
I don't have a one (that I ride with), but I can definitely see the benefits. At the same time it can be incriminating (depending on your riding style).

This is why I don't ride too "aggressively" around other vehicles, cutting drivers off, splitting lanes (not legal in CT), etc... especially when I'll be stopping/slowing down shortly after an "encounter". A LOT of crazies out there. I had driver in a truck try to run me off the road because I split lanes to the front of the line at a light.... I honestly don't know what people are thinking sometimes.
  • Like 1

Cruizin
Yep, I almost always ride with a camera. I have it record on loop, it just records over old footage unless something interesting happens and I save the video. I have a cheap but good quality sony action cam hooked up to my helmet at all times and plug the camera in at night while it is still connected to my helmet. No fuss and nothing extra to do unless I need to upload video to my computer.

I have recorded other people's accidents, a cop running into someone, a house fire, a biker run off the road by a pickup, and many more interesting things.

Beemer
LmAO!! Funny how the assailant turns into the injured party ... brings back memories of my X.  :-S
  • Like 2

GAZ
Showed more restraint than I could of. When I saw the girl get pushed/assaulted the bike wouldn't of mattered at that point. The car driver was clearly under the influence.
  • Like 2

RobMoore
Haha. I knew this video was going to be in the thread just by the title. I've been seeing it everywhere this week.

The old guy is so lucky he picked a composed and nonviolent person to pick on for such a minor offense as lane splitting outside of CA.

Cruizin
And the person who uploaded the video is making thousands from adsense revenue, 3 million views already.

hobbs
To avoid self incrimination, simply place 2 strips of electrical tape on the mph readout. :)

fz07fanboy
Well for the members that seen my accident video on my CBR250R by a prius that cut me off, I felt the need to have an all in one device that would always be with me. This is my justification for upgrading to the Sena 10C. Me actually capturing the incident that i had on video saved my @$$ and told my story. It made the other insurance company see that it was their clients fault and thus had to write me a couple checks.

- totaled bike $$$$
- equipment damage $$$$
- loss of use $$$$
- Injury $$$$
- deductible return $$$$

motomeek
To avoid self incrimination, simply place 2 strips of electrical tape on the mph readout. :)
Or just change the POV. I have a few positions on the bike or the top of helmet that don't show the dash.  ;) 

ornery
Showed more restraint than I could of. When I saw the girl get pushed/assaulted the bike wouldn't of mattered at that point. The car driver was clearly under the influence.
That's the truth.  I use a camera every ride, and mine would have captured myself beating him unconscious.  I have a quick temper anyway, and this would have pushed me way over the top.  My hat's off to that kid! 

hippiebikerchick
I have a biker whip on the brake lever of my cruiser and would not hesitate to use it if someone approached me in an aggressive manner like that. I figure on my FZ I could quickly ride away from danger. We really have to be careful out there, we are so exposed and people are nuckin futz.
  • Like 1

nerd
I know I wouldn't have been able to contain myself... I would have hurt him after he punched me the first time. Nothing else to talk about in my opinion. Glad he had the camera to show the truth versus a story of what happened.
  • Like 1

Kwaipuak
I agree with @nerd as much as I hate to admit it, I would have been on top of him pounding him with my metal covered fists... I have a very quick snapping point when it comes to people messing with me physically.

NICKY NEON
shame on you boys hitting an old man like that. he had to be close to 70
  • Like 1