The MT-07 Forum

Shifting smoothly

manuel

Yesterday I did a balls out run on the FZ-09 in the desert and with the new ECU flash, fuel controller and pipe and me fully tucked I was able to reach 153 MPH.  
I was speed shifting without the clutch.
153MPH? I simply can't fathom that on a bike. Crazy! 
Side observation: noted that GSR 1000 particle in your sig. That will be a monster. Hopefully they will bring that line to North America. Always liked them.

• 1 year later...

This bike is very jerky down shifting. Yamaha should provide free remapping so it doesn't shut the fuel off while downshifting, stupid idea and dangerous as well. I also straightened out the shifter so that it rests on my toe. That short shifter is another bad idea.

Guest Ralph
This bike is very jerky down shifting. Yamaha should provide free remapping so it doesn't shut the fuel off while down shifting, stupid idea and dangerous as well. I also straightened out the shifter so that it rests on my toe. That short shifter is another bad idea.
Are you sure the the wires are connected on the clutch lever, the 07  isn't the easiest  bike to change gear on but I dont have a problem, it does like fast up changes and 
rev match on the way down, part of the problem is the stacked gearbox were the
gears are not running in as much oil as older designs. You can often get a near
silent 1st gear engagement first thing in a morning by giving it a little rev with the
clutch pulled in just before putting it in first.
Though I do mention rev match on the way down I have to say that on a motorcycle
that is the normal and correct way to change down and I cant imagine anyone doing otherwise
bikes dont have synchromesh  gear boxes like cars so you have to get the revs right to get
a clean engagement.

Archived