The MT-07 Forum

2WDW ECU reflash

oldsocks

• Premium Member

So I read the posts about the 2WDW ECU reflash and I pulled the trigger last week. Although I am not nearly as technical and I think @phicurious86 did a fantastic and thorough job describing the details about the gains in his review, I thought I would chip in my two cents for what it is worth.

I have the rapid red with the Yoshimura carbon and when I removed the ECU to ship to Nels I went ahead and removed the snorkel. It is a different bike now. By far the best money spent on modification yet. It is smoother and better all around and it is quicker getting there. I must say I didn't think I could like this bike more, but with the reflash it has bolstered the grin factor. This thing is a sheer pleasure the cruise around and enjoy the wind and if I hit the throttle it gets ridiculous quickly! If you are on the fence about it all I can say is it has been a significant improvement over the stock flash. Two thumbs up for sure! 

Thanks Nels & 2WDW!

-OS

• 3 weeks later...
So I read the posts about the 2WDW ECU reflash and I pulled the trigger last week. Although I am not nearly as technical and I think @phicurious86 did a fantastic and thorough job describing the details about the gains in his review, I thought I would chip in my two cents for what it is worth. 
I have the rapid red with the Yoshimura carbon and when I removed the ECU to ship to Nels I went ahead and removed the snorkel. It is a different bike now. By far the best money spent on modification yet. It is smoother and better all around and it is quicker getting there. I must say I didn't think I could like this bike more, but with the reflash it has bolstered the grin factor. This thing is a sheer pleasure the cruise around and enjoy the wind and if I hit the throttle it gets ridiculous quickly! If you are on the fence about it all I can say is it has been a significant improvement over the stock flash. Two thumbs up for sure! 

Thanks Nels & 2WDW!

-OS

What exactly does the flash do to the bike? I will have a Yosh pipe on soon probably will not use the CO and hope that it helps with the ridiculous engine braking. Getting tired of the lunging and leeching and poor shifts. Thanks.

bmwpowere36m3
What exactly does the flash do to the bike? I will have a Yosh pipe on soon probably will not use the CO and hope that it helps with the ridiculous engine braking. Getting tired of the lunging and leeching and poor shifts. Thanks.
CO?  You'll need either a piggyback system (like EJK) or flash (like 2WDW) to reduce engine breaking and optimize the fueling.

I think there may be a confusion between engine braking and engine breaking. The tune has nothing to do with the engine breaking (longevity), but does reduce the engine braking (slowing the bike down with the engine). Not sure if the comments were on purpose to poke fun or actual confusion, but figure clarification may help future/new members.

• 1 month later...

Oh man.

So I took out my ECU, and used the best flash I had which is an old Polaroid.  I did not use the flash on my iphone because someone told me that is just a white LED light.  So I put it on my work table, centered the camera to make sure the entire ECU was in the photo, and snapped away.  Don't worry the flash came on and it flooded the ECU with its light.  I went and re-installed it onto the FZ07 and I did not notice any difference in my motorcycle handling, I hope I didn't do any engine breaking!  :(

* @teamxdr can you please explain to people and break down my post to assure them it was a joke.  Thanks *

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

2wheeldynoworks
Oh man. 
So I took out my ECU, and used the best flash I had which is an old Polaroid.  I did not use the flash on my iphone because someone told me that is just a white LED light.  So I put it on my work table, centered the camera to make sure the entire ECU was in the photo, and snapped away.  Don't worry the flash came on and it flooded the ECU with its light.  I went and re-installed it onto the FZ07 and I did not notice any difference in my motorcycle handling, I hope I didn't do any engine breaking!  :(

No no no man you have it all wrong its only the Nokia Lumia Xenon flash that does it!  ;)

Oh man. 

I had a gorgeous girl flash my ECU :D,plain and simple. 

* @teamxdr can you please explain to people and break down my post to assure them it was a joke.  Thanks *

Oh man. 

I had a gorgeous girl flash my ECU :D,plain and simple. 

The very notion of a woman's nude body affecting an array of computer chips? Absurd and absolutely ridiculous! Good day sir!

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

Archived