The MT-07 Forum

Something about them cantaloupes.

V8titanpwr

• Premium Member

I don't know what it is but I really like the stock turn signals. I have had two different sets of aftermarket on the bike but I found myself going back to these. Might be because i'm in FL and drivers here are awful so these make me a bit more visible, but I don't know. Shortened the back ones up and added them to the tail tidy and i'm thinking of shortening the front ones up to be closer to the headlight.

oXyC0fd.jpg

F7p2I7y.jpg

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

• Global Moderator

I am glad you like them but mine had to go. I have the Cyclops LED light to make me more visible . I just could not get past the size of the cantaloupes.

I have the same feelings about the cantaloupes... but I have to add I've come to the conclusion it isn't the actual cantaloupes themselves, but it is in fact the burst of orange color that contrasts well with the white.

If you can find aftermarket signals that have similar color orange such as mini-vipers (just don't use them as DRLs!!) when not lit, you might like it as well. 

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

• Premium Member
Am I the only one who expected different pictures because of the subject line?
No you aren't.  

The orange pumpkins do indeed do the job good. I just don't feel that they go with the style of the bike.  ......but hey if you like em, I cant knock em.

• Premium Member
How did you shorten the stalks?

If you look at the turn signal there is a part where the stalk separates. If you look inside the stalk with the turn signal off you will see a nut that can be removed.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

Not troubled by the cantaloupes either on our bike. I think they are a better option than lots of the diminutive and pointy LEDs I have seen mounted. Of course, just talking aesthetics here.

• Premium Member

I like them for the visibility, and they don't look too shabby.

I have a set of euros to install. After seeing them in person, I think they're going to look superb.

Everything went braap.

Am I the only one who expected different pictures because of the subject line?
Don't go away empty handed and sad .... 
[attachment id=670" thumbnail="1]

Beemer

The only thing I don't like about the stock signals, and it's really only the front, is how floppy they are. I can see them bouncing when I ride. I am probably going to jury rig something that gives them a little more support while still allowing them to flex in the event of a tip over, and is unobtrusive to the look of the bike.

• Premium Member
yamahappy74

When I had my R6, I got rid of the stock US blinkers and bought a pair of Euro stockers from a forum member. They look the same but were smaller, which was perfect. I never liked flush mounts. On this bike, however, I can't seem to find anyone selling their stock Euro blinkers.

Archived