The MT-07 Forum

Making 'em shine!

recurveshooter

recurveshooter

With all the different surfaces, finishes, and textures on the FZ, I was wondering what everyone was using to polish and detail their bikes. Just read about a fella using Lemon Pledge! Thanks - recurveshooter

bmwpowere36m3

I use Collinite insulator wax for most painted surfaces (body panels, wheels, swingarm, fork lowers, frame, engine side cases)... stuff lasts forever and shines good too. Its super easy to apply and wipe off. I may apply some 303 aerospace protectant to plastic surfaces once in a while to prevent them from fading.

The problem with "shiny" detailers is the attract dirt and dust... and I don't feel like washing my bike every week. Pro Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish is highly rated and something I'd like to try.

I have a selection of spray cleaner/waxes. None work as good as plain old lemon pledge. My Dad used Pledge faithfully since the 50s on his airplane plexiglass.

• Premium Member

I carry a microcloth in my rear bag for my helmet shield, but I used the same thing to clean the bike, only wet with water, and sometimes a follow up with a dry one. That microfiber cloth is the best thing ever. But yeah, so I use water and a microfiber cloth. Perfectly clean in 5 minutes. Good shtuff! :P

Peace..

-----
I.AM.
-----

-Burtacus

Archived