The MT-07 Forum

Paint white stock rims on white bike?

username

• Premium Member

Has anyone coloured their rims white on a white FZ-07 yet? I am definitely thinking of getting mine powder coated or plasti-dipped or painted some day but would enjoy seeing a preview first. With that being said what is the best way to colour the rims?

I think that would look nice. Which is why I want to do something similar to my bike. I'll wait for tire changing time to get them powder coated. In the mean time I'm ordering some mint colored rim tape for a little preview.

In google image search enter in:

white fz 07 white rims

You should see one result on row 2 which has a piss-poor photoshop job but you'll get the idea.

There is also one famous white fz 07 with older style yamaha designs on it which has white rims, along with red accents.  Its not a good example (for what you wanted to see) because there are so many other painted parts on the bike which is changing the entire look of it compared to stock design but there is that.  Its floating on here somewhere, maybe someone will find it and post it.

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

• Global Moderator
Here it is attachment.php?attachmentid=703&d=1407782598

I believe those wheels are lightweight replacements if i remember right, not just painted. If that's the same bike i saw on another forum

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Global Moderator

I think that is photo shopped too. It gives a good idea of what it would look like though. I like it.

I had white rims on two previous bikes and they are a lot of work to keep clean. Plan on wiping them down after every trip because if you let the dirt/dust build up it takes more effort to remove. My .2¢

^ that's what I would also be most concerned about. It's like owning a glossy black car. Looks awesome but only when it's clean.

• 2 weeks later...
motomachines

Regarding methods of painting them, I believe powder coating would be the longest lasting, especially with rims. Plastidip is going to be inexpensive, though it will come off the fastest. Regular paint will wear off eventually, and may wear unevenly. Powder coating will be the most expensive option, though it will look the best, in my opinion, and should last the longest.

Moto Machines
Importer and Distributor for Hepco & Becker and Ermax Products
https://www.motomachines.com/

Archived