The MT-07 Forum

breaking in my FZ07

mhakkola

• Premium Member

Us old guys will tell you that you will actually grow into your FZ-07 not grow out of it!  ;)

Us old guys will tell you that you will actually grow into your FZ-07 not grow out of it!  ;)

Did someone call for an old guy?

Did someone call for an old guy?
Hahaha ^ Stache

2015 Matte Metallic Grey FZ-07

I ran my bike hard and tried to keep the rpms under 8. I changed my oil around 350km and it had a silvery look to it. In all honesty, it was the first time I'd ever changed the oil on any vehicle. Easy. The bike runs great. Horsepower o'plenty. I have found smooth clutch release and reasonable revs keeps the tire down; I haven't had any front end off the ground. Maybe I'm too easy on the bike. ;)

I am glad I've bought the bike. Planning a road trip later this month and heading to Vancouver from Calgary to meet a friend and head into the US (Washington). I am trying to get to about a 1,000km before I go, but we'll see. I'd love to get it in for the first service before hitting the road on a big trip.

As for the break in, I guess I won't know whether it worked out for the best in all reality, but I have thoroughly enjoyed riding so far.

I'm just hitting 1000km on my bike and it going in on Monday for the first service, all I've ever done on any new engines is keep it off the red line for the first 1000 and try not to keep and sustained RPM's for a long period of time, just shift through the gears while riding to vary RPM's.

2015 Matte Metallic Grey FZ-07

I play the percentages. I know that if I change the oil on a new engine after it's first initial hour or two of running, and get rid of the initial metal shavings and powder and keep them from distributing to my Gears and clutch, that I will have a higher percentage chance of that engine lasting a very long time.

I also know that if I change my oil and filter more often than other people, that I will have a higher percentage of a chance of that engine lasting a very long time.

Lastly, I know that if I wash and detail my bike, that I will have a high percentage chance that it will rain later that day. Especially if I take it on a long ride!

Archived