Sign in to follow this  
Cruizin

Looking for ECU Reflash service for our members

Cruizin
Still looking for a mail in ECU Reflash service to come on board as a supporting Vendor. Send me a PM if interested.

Check back later for more details as this is worked out.
  • Like 2

Cruizin
Update. Our partner vendor is working hard to be one of the first tuners in the US set up to offer Mail in ECU reflash services. All tunes will be dyno tested and ready to go as soon as possible.

Options will include ability to eliminate top speed limiter.

Eliminate Engine braking on deceleration. This is not needed on such a light bike anyways.

Improved throttle response.

A predicted 4 hp increase.

Predicted Torque increase.

Power Commander and Bazzaz implementations will be availible as they come out.

Many more upgrades will be available as well. I will report all dyno and performance testing as they are completed, and will take preorders right before this service launches later this summer!

Simple process will be for you to remove your ECU by unbolting and lifting lifting the fuel tank, blocking it with pieces of wood, or plastic, and removing the ECU and sending it in to our vendor. Price of reflash will include return shipping, same week! We will also post helpful step by step videos and instructions on removing the ECU.

And members of FZ07.org Forums will receive priority and special discount pricing!

So don't delay, join today and start posting! I will not let people just join and receive the discount, you will have to be a posting member to get the discount!!

FZ07.org Forums The Ultimate place to learn and share about the US Yamaha FZ-07 Motorcycle!
  • Like 2

1finefz09
Awesome! I will send mine in as soon as I get 100 miles on my FZ-07! If this is anything like the FZ-09 flash it will be an awesome upgrade. My FZ-09 woke up and was so much easier to ride in the corners with the reflash and I feel the smoother power in every gear. I look forward to seeing the Dyno results when they are ready.

Cruizin
We are waiting for the bike to arrive and to get mine into the shop to flash and test. Dyno results and even videos will be posted and we will not release the flash until I know that it is perfect. We will offer various options and tunes.

Cruizin
Looks like the MT-07 ECU flash in Europe is producing a reported 4 HP gain. Also reported smoother throttle response and even some MPG improvements.

Tests will begin here soon.
  • Like 1

olderthandirt
I intend to get the re flash too .. but I'll wait for 500 miles on the bike before I do it. I'd be happy with 3hp increase if it was shown on a Dyno Jet Dyno... BEFORE AND AFTER.
  • Like 1

Cruizin
I agree with you, as I will probably be the first test subject!

Guest ybcheese
All my answers are getting answered with a few minutes on this forum. I don't even have to ask a question. I have been wondering if the ecu would be able to be flashed on the fz 07. Awesome , can't wait to hear the feedback.

NICKY NEON
so what happen to the ECU flashing, didnt improve much or you guys still working on it? never even knew these bike had anything like this.
what does this serves cost and are you guys still fine tuning the chip? also do you have to do anything else after you flash the ecu, like use higher octane gas, air box or exhaust mods?sorry for all the question but I haven't had a bike since 1981.

Cruizin
The tuners who were using Flashtune (EVERYONE) as a flashing harness and baseline tunes were just presented with much higher pricing and it has gotten very expensive.

Plus, if you flash tune your ECU, then trade it in down the road, the guy who buys it won't know that it has been flashed. If he sends the ECU in to be flashed, it won't work anymore. As in, the double flashed ECU will cause the bike not to run anymore without somehow putting that bikes original factory tune back on it.

missourifz07
I guess that is one advantage of a separate fuel controller...you can take it off, re-map it, and put it on the next bike you purchase, without causing the next guy issues.
  • Like 1

Cruizin
I might, but like many others out there, am waiting to see what Flash Tunes does and how much they charge.

krashed
I was checking out what FT was doing for the 9 data link and it seems reasonable, but I guess after buying a moates quarterhorse, innovate WBO2, and the binary editor program to be able to work on the efi in my bronco, I'm used to the cost.

Wonder what would make the 7 different from the 9? I was thinking someone already cracked the FZ-07 ECU, so maybe it is a licensing thing to be able to tune multiple ECU's.

livestrong
What would you guys suggest, with a DNA-air filter and Arrow exhaust, a ECU reflash or a power commander? Or is there no need to change with these 2 adjusments?

I think I should prefer a power commander if there is something needed. What would be the average price for it?

Guest unknown
I would go with the Power Commander. Revzilla has it on preorder for ~$330. Most ECU reflashes will cost about $200. I would spend the extra $ and go with something that is adjustable at home rather than the reflash IMO.

livestrong
Yes that's also what I'm thinking. Do you have a website where I can order it? And is it possible to ise it without going to the dealer and do a dynorun later on?

Thanks!

Guest montana07
What would you guys suggest, with a DNA-air filter and Arrow exhaust, a ECU reflash or a power commander? Or is there no need to change with these 2 adjusments? 
I think I should prefer a power commander if there is something needed. What would be the average price for it?
I'd check out Dobeck Performance, they're in the process of developing their fuel controller and it sounds like it'll likely be available in a few weeks.  My understanding is power commander only factors in throttle position and RPMs, where as Dobeck's factors in throttle position, RPMs, and engine load.    They are actually using my bike for R&D so I'll me posting some impressions and probably dyno reports once I have my bike back. 
They're also a forum sponsor, so maybe they'll make a discount available to forum members?

Guest unknown
Yes that's also what I'm thinking. Do you have a website where I can order it? And is it possible to ise it without going to the dealer and do a dynorun later on? 
Thanks!
Power Commander on Revzilla You will probably need to get a dyno run done unless you find someone else with the same mods who has already done a tune and get their settings.

I would also look into what Montana07 has to say with Dobeck.

livestrong
Thank you for the info!

krashed
DJ also sells an add on WBO2 sensor that will set the PCV maps up based on the bike and how you ride. Dont know how well it works but, for speed density systems they sell now, it works fairly well.  With that, you should be able to load a base tune to get you close and have the self-tune get you even closer. Should also be able to adjust afr/ignition if you dont like the response at any given throttle input.Think PCV should also have basic adjustments for load based off the tps and engine rpm, at least other ones I've seen did. I dont think the Oh7 has any other means to calc load, like a MAF... Then again, I didnt get that far into it, just want something to fatten up the fuel a little with the exhaust I ordered. I already pre-ordered the PC, but will check out the Dobeck.

Downside to the O2 tuner is added cost.
In any case, got to say, after coming off the SDR, I appreciate the fueling Yamaha gave the Oh7.

The Truth
Question, if you get the flash from here wont a power commander do the same think for less? Also will you have to re flash if you get a new exhaust?

Cruizin
I think the EJK Fuel Controller by Dobeck is slightly better for most needs than the Power commander, and it costs less. When you add a pipe, it leans your engine out. Especially at cruising speed.

ECU reflash is another option. Some people do both.

I'd love for someone to become a supporting vendor and do mail in ECU flashing.

nmucat
Correct me if I am wrong. But an ECU flash is usually a program designed to work with a specific set of parts (think Rousch upgrade kits for Ford Mustangs). A PCV or fuel controller is more end user adjustment required to work with variety of part and part combinations.